dinosaur Argentinosaurus The Titan Defense

Tahlavos17

Suggestion

Hello, 

I would like to suggest the Argentinosaurus as a Creature Suggestion to be added to the game. I see this Dino having a few different tiers of saddles from a regular saddle, a platform saddle, a tek saddle, and a tek platform saddle. This creature would be the first dino to have 4 different types of saddles for you to learn to craft for what you desire this creature to do. This could be a secondary option to the Titanosaurus, but instead of knocking it out with cannons it would require you to learn a new type of structure known as a Saurapod Tree Feeder which you would need to place on a tree for you to passive tame this creature. The Regular saddle would be unlocked at lvl 69 which would allow for 7 players to ride the crature one as the driver and 6 for passengers 2 on each side, one on chest, and one to cover the rear from aerial assaults, the platform saddle would be unlocked at lvl 75, while the tek saddle and the tek platform saddle would be boss drops with the tek saddle having a 1 driver, and 6 mountable tek cannons in the same areas as the base saddles. Where as the tek platform saddles would have a passive configurable tek charging dome for both other creatures with a tek saddles to reduce the how much element is used for those creatures tek weapons while also allowing for items like cryopods to slowly go down while in players inventories. This creature would make for a step up from the Titanosaurus while providing a new function in many tribes.

I feel this creature would allow for new ways to enjoy the game. This creature would fill a gap that could be useful for many tribes to utilize while out and about on each ark.

Argentinosaurus.jpg

3 replies to this server topic

1840345681_myarkargentinosaurusdossier-min.thumb.jpg.7fd54a7de6584c803d85786acd42bc36.jpgMY IDEA:
More Sauropods in Ark is always a good thing. Argentinosaurus is only known from fragmented remains, but is believed to be quite possibly one of the largest (if not THE largest) sauropod to ever walk the earth. My idea for its implementation into ark is to make it function differently than any of the other sauropods currently in the game by making it a lookout tower. Think of it as a supercharged version of the parasaur with an even more useful scanning ability. It can scan in an extremely wide radius around it, detecting all hostile creatures by marking them with a red dot (same as the parasaur). However, it can also detect other types of dinosaurs as well. Creatures that will flee when attacked (parasaurs, dipolocaulus, galimimus, etc.) are marked with a green dot, and creatures that while retaliate when attacked or that attack when you get too close (triceratops, therizinosaurus, brontosaurus, etc.) are marked with a yellow dot.
It would also have a carry weight that is on par with the gasbags, allowing it to carry an insane amount of goods with you. Thus, making it essentially the ultimate caravan dinosaur. If you need to move your base, well then fear not because if you tear it all down and pack it all into the Argentinosaurus, it will be able to move the entire thing and be able to protect itself from any friend or foe that you may encounter along your journey.
If you get ambushed, or something tries to take a stab at attacking you and your massive Argentinosaurus, then it can utilize 2 different stomping attacks that affects the area directly beneath it. One attack would use its front legs, and the other attack would use its hind legs. If you begin to become overwhelmed, then Argentinosaurus can let out a roar attack that will stun anything currently within a small range of itself. This is different from the Rex/Yutyrannus/Brachiosaurus roar due to its short range, and it isn't a fear roar as it is a traditional stun.
The only way to knock one out is to shoot tranqs at its head. All other parts of its body ignore Topor damage, and it is also immune to bleed attacks. It's slow and not as tanky as the titanosaur, therefore making it an easy target, but it can defend itself just fine.

WILD
Being one of the largest creatures alive on the ark, Argentinosaurus is a formidable beast and a powerful opponent for any and all that dare to challenge its might. It has a tail that is the shortest amongst sauropods on the ARK, but its neck reaches so far into the sky that it can even see above the backs of the massive Titanosaurs. since it can't utilize its tail as a weapon, it instead stomps the ground violently when attacked and can let out a deep bellowing roar that temporarily stuns any that find themselves directly below its body.
Due to its size, it is very slow moving, but very powerful, and has a thick hide that makes it impervious to bites from predators that would normally leave their prey bleeding and incapacitated.

D0MESTICATED
Argentinosaurus  cannot be tamed through typical means, as it's hide protects itself from narcotic based tranquilizers. There is only one sure-fire way to get tranq's to work, and that's to hit its head and its head only its head. Survivors wishing to tame this behemoth will want to utilize high ground, a flying mount, or simply use explosives on its legs to knock it over for a brief window of time.
Where a domesticated Brontosaurus can be used as a mobile base, a tamed Argentinosaurus can be utilized as a lookout tower and as an ultra-pack mule thanks to its ability to carry massive quantities of goods. As a natural lookout tower, it has incredible sensory abilities that allow it to scan the area in an extremely wide radius around it, detecting all creatures within range. This allows tribes to migrate massive quantities of goods and material without needing to fear an ambush attack from deadly predators or rival tribes.

1 hour ago, xackbelle said:

1840345681_myarkargentinosaurusdossier-min.thumb.jpg.7fd54a7de6584c803d85786acd42bc36.jpgMY IDEA:
More Sauropods in Ark is always a good thing. Argentinosaurus is only known from fragmented remains, but is believed to be quite possibly one of the largest (if not THE largest) sauropod to ever walk the earth. My idea for its implementation into ark is to make it function differently than any of the other sauropods currently in the game by making it a lookout tower. Think of it as a supercharged version of the parasaur with an even more useful scanning ability. It can scan in an extremely wide radius around it, detecting all hostile creatures by marking them with a red dot (same as the parasaur). However, it can also detect other types of dinosaurs as well. Creatures that will flee when attacked (parasaurs, dipolocaulus, galimimus, etc.) are marked with a green dot, and creatures that while retaliate when attacked or that attack when you get too close (triceratops, therizinosaurus, brontosaurus, etc.) are marked with a yellow dot.
It would also have a carry weight that is on par with the gasbags, allowing it to carry an insane amount of goods with you. Thus, making it essentially the ultimate caravan dinosaur. If you need to move your base, well then fear not because if you tear it all down and pack it all into the Argentinosaurus, it will be able to move the entire thing and be able to protect itself from any friend or foe that you may encounter along your journey.
If you get ambushed, or something tries to take a stab at attacking you and your massive Argentinosaurus, then it can utilize 2 different stomping attacks that affects the area directly beneath it. One attack would use its front legs, and the other attack would use its hind legs. If you begin to become overwhelmed, then Argentinosaurus can let out a roar attack that will stun anything currently within a small range of itself. This is different from the Rex/Yutyrannus/Brachiosaurus roar due to its short range, and it isn't a fear roar as it is a traditional stun.
The only way to knock one out is to shoot tranqs at its head. All other parts of its body ignore Topor damage, and it is also immune to bleed attacks. It's slow and not as tanky as the titanosaur, therefore making it an easy target, but it can defend itself just fine.

WILD
Being one of the largest creatures alive on the ark, Argentinosaurus is a formidable beast and a powerful opponent for any and all that dare to challenge its might. It has a tail that is the shortest amongst sauropods on the ARK, but its neck reaches so far into the sky that it can even see above the backs of the massive Titanosaurs. since it can't utilize its tail as a weapon, it instead stomps the ground violently when attacked and can let out a deep bellowing roar that temporarily stuns any that find themselves directly below its body.
Due to its size, it is very slow moving, but very powerful, and has a thick hide that makes it impervious to bites from predators that would normally leave their prey bleeding and incapacitated.

D0MESTICATED
Argentinosaurus  cannot be tamed through typical means, as it's hide protects itself from narcotic based tranquilizers. There is only one sure-fire way to get tranq's to work, and that's to hit its head and its head only its head. Survivors wishing to tame this behemoth will want to utilize high ground, a flying mount, or simply use explosives on its legs to knock it over for a brief window of time.
Where a domesticated Brontosaurus can be used as a mobile base, a tamed Argentinosaurus can be utilized as a lookout tower and as an ultra-pack mule thanks to its ability to carry massive quantities of goods. As a natural lookout tower, it has incredible sensory abilities that allow it to scan the area in an extremely wide radius around it, detecting all creatures within range. This allows tribes to migrate massive quantities of goods and material without needing to fear an ambush attack from deadly predators or rival tribes.

Not to shabby, I like everything except for how it is tamed, but I think a passive tame method for the creature would be a breath of fresh air plus it wouldn't feel identical to the Titanosaurus to be honest. Nice that you posted a bit more info on this topic.

I am honestly not a very good description writer so please bare with me. I have always thought sauropods should have been the best siege creatures in the ark, this is my take on it. Even if it does win, however, I know WC may change some of its ideas. Argentinosaurus, the giant sauropod has been spotted on the ark. It seems to be a little smaller than the Titanosaurus, yet its size is still intimidating. It may have to do with its defensive posture it takes on. I have seen these giant sauropods stand on their hind legs and crush even rexes. It would appear as though the rexes as well are intimidated by their defensive posture since they start running as soon as they stand and grumble. Once you start running, it does seem to lose all interest in you. I do believe thanks to its massive size though, the Argentinosaurus cant holds its posture for too long. 
From afar; its hide is too thick to be penetrated by bullets and although I have noticed one gets irritated by gunfire up close, it seems to barely bother it. (I feel as though gunfire is relied on a lot to kill a lot of things. There aren't that many creatures that can soak bullets and those that can are just tossed away as fodder. What if there was one that can soak and siege at the same time? I am aware Titanosaurus can do this to an extent, but honestly; they aren't the best soakers. They can easily die to turrets in a couple of seconds.)
The only way I have found to tame one is by killing the mother and taking their egg. The last time I didn't kill the mother, it ended terribly since it followed me back. It was not just the mother, however. It seems the pod comes to the aid of others whenever they need it, because of this I had to leave the egg and my beloved creatures for a hasty retreat. When I came back later the egg was gone and all my creatures were dead. A whole pod is for sure not something I want to mess with any time soon. It seems well adapted to carnivore teeth causing them to get hurt less, however, when I say someone bringing some therizinosaurs and trikes, their horns and claws seemed to have pierced their hide and cause them to bleed out. (Pretty much taking more damage from herbivores and less from carnivores. I feel as though herbivores aren't used as much as they could have been. Being a siege dino, people might consider keeping some more herbivores at their base. As a way to make sure it is a late-game siege creature, I thought having it only be obtainable by egg and having to kill its parents first would do that. They do have high health pools and despite being weaker than a Titanosaurus, a whole pod of Argentinosaurus should not be something you want to try and take on solo.)
Seeing their tail swing is quite intimidating to look at. It is long and whips fast. Many creatures I have seen it hit have become crippled. (The slowing down bone broken effect.) 

I do wish I could come up with a better cool mechanic for taming. I do believe they should not be easy to tame. If this gets chosen, hopefully, a wildcard can come up with a cool taming method. ( Please do not like amarga. Lol.)

To sum its abilities up
A sort of Giga stomp where it stands on its hind legs and then smashes down. When it stands, however, you can choose to use an intimidation roar instead. (Defense and offense sides to the stand.)
A tail swing that can cripple
The back leg sweeps so nothing can go under it and avoid the tail swing.
front leg stomps so nothing can get under in the front. 
A bite if you need to reach higher to attack
It is slow, but a walking tank. We all know how annoying it is when your tank decides to go DPS so I think slow attacks that hit decently hard would be fine. Nothing over the top( besides the Giga stomp) 
Resistant to bullets
weaker to herbivores and takes less damage from carnivores. 

This is not meant to counter any creature tbh. I feel like Argentinosaurus should not be a creature one uses on everyday use like a Giga or rex unless it's a literal walking base. 

Archived