Ark 2 vs Conan

Krigan

Anyone else think Ark 2 sounds a lot like Conan Exiles? I play Conan so I love both but I am not sure if I want them to play the same. I am still looking forward to Ark 2 and hope it is amazing. I just hope it is not one of those sequels that does not live up to the first one and people keep playing the original. It is a major issue with MMO type games, you need a really amazing game to pull people away from what they sunk so many hrs into.

Thanks

I don't think wild card devs have the ability to code souls like combat and extremely precise gameplay

think about it ark 1 combat is just a button mashing fest, a dodo super breed can kill a rex, it's just all about stats without any thought put into balance and strategy, so I don't see how they can pull out a souls like game especially when ark 1 is such a buggy mess that they have abandoned the thought of ever fixing it

IMO they just got inspired by the incredible success of elden ring which sold more copies in one month than ark in 10 years but they are not capable of even remotely compare to fromsoft devs

same reason why they sponsored that fjordur dlc or whatever its name, they just got inspired by the success of that nordic themed survival game

wild card is just trying to capitalize on any trend, that's all, so as usual keep your expectations at the lowest

Please remember the different PLAYSTYLEs ...
I love ARK because it's a survival
Conan is mainly a Clan vs Clan and 1vs1 PVP few progression and growth progression with environment (breeding) ... PVE is boring after few ....
I really hope that ARK 2 will stay in original direction ... make it GREAT ... no shortcuts to progression in both PVE&PVP and very long-long way to reach endgame that may be infinite with DLC and Mods

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 6:55 PM, Justice4ever said:

I don't think wild card devs have the ability to code souls like combat and extremely precise gameplay

think about it ark 1 combat is just a button mashing fest, a dodo super breed can kill a rex, it's just all about stats without any thought put into balance and strategy, so I don't see how they can pull out a souls like game especially when ark 1 is such a buggy mess that they have abandoned the thought of ever fixing it

IMO they just got inspired by the incredible success of elden ring which sold more copies in one month than ark in 10 years but they are not capable of even remotely compare to fromsoft devs

same reason why they sponsored that fjordur dlc or whatever its name, they just got inspired by the success of that nordic themed survival game

wild card is just trying to capitalize on any trend, that's all, so as usual keep your expectations at the lowest

I think the new devs can manage it, the old devs all got replaced and the new ones should be able to do well here

Archived