Crash every 25+ minutes

Juanito101010

Hi there Juanito, have you tried doing a bug report via support?

What app are you talking about, Ark?

Is it on an official server?

Firstly, go to your home screen and make sure the ads pop up to open your ports.

If you have access to your modem, reset it.

In Xbox settings, go to General, Sleep mode and startup, and chose "Full shutdown"

If your server is Gen2 and boosted by more than one player(if your crashing and on official), go offline for 15 to 24 minutes for the server to refresh the drops.

In settings, network, advanced settings, check if your port is 3074, if not you can pull the ports back by manually setting your ip adress and setting it back to auto(Take note of the ip adresses first to write them in), or choosing set alternate port and then going back and forward into advanced again and setting it to automatic.

If you are still having issues, please let me know, you may need to manually assign the Xbox ports to your console via your modem settings.

Also, check how much storage is on your Xbox and try to keep enough for all the dlc to be loaded twice.

If you are not on your hone Xbox, you may need to redownload the dlc.

Also in Xbox display settings try turni g off 4k and display 50hz.

In Ark settings at the main menu only, is a checkbox for Hdr, untick it.

Try vsync adaptive on and off.

Also try no hud, and holding the map button in Ark and chosing toggle tame names.

There is more, but that should fix it.

Gg's.

8 hours ago, Juanito101010 said:

Every 25-30 minutes ark appears to crash on me like a black screen and kicks me off the app when it does. Any1 know why or what I can do to fix this problem on XBOX

sadly not much can be done if your on the original one. While 25-30 minutes is kinda odd, sadly the CPU cache is kinda sticky and likes to hold onto too much information, so when a critical process pops up and the cache is full, it will cause a crash. And it "can" happen to any game. Iv had it happen to me on PUBG, ark, State of Decay, ect. ect.
Its both on Microsoft for designing a system that wasn't capable of dealing with so much memory demand that these larger and more PC like games demand, as well as the game designers for not putting in enough optimizations to get them to run on a different platform.

Now as for your problem directly, I do feel like something is going on. Maybe a corrupt file. Maybe some problems with the server if your online. Or heck, maybe you need to dust out your xbox......That last part is not too crazy, Iv had mine now for about 7 years and I noticed the fan speed hit turbo a couple weeks back. I didn't tear it apart, but I got a couple can's of air, blew it out and was amazed by the gunk that came out. Hell it prompted me to go outside, fill up the air compressor for my car tires, and then used it to blow it out and even more crap came out!!!

Have to admit, the fans are much quieter and Im not having as many crash's, but it does still happen from time to time.

Archived