Please set Tusos not to attempt a grab when near level edge.

lordbean

Suggestion

I just had a Mosasaur straight up disappear out from under me because a Tuso tried to grab it while it was against the level edge forcefield. Tribe log recorded nothing, it's just gone. This is obviously a problem with the anti-mesh checking being a touch too aggressive (although by and large I agree the anti-mesh checking is a good thing) but could be worked around easily by having wild Tuso AI check whether the target is close to a forcefield or not.

Edit: the game also deleted the otter that was on my shoulder when this happened. It has also vanished without a trace (nothing in the tribe log).

2 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, lordbean said:

I just had a Mosasaur straight up disappear out from under me because a Tuso tried to grab it while it was against the level edge forcefield. Tribe log recorded nothing, it's just gone.

If you don't have logs of its deletion and/or death then it is likely still alive and was teleported back to its latest "safe" location. Go back on your track and chances are that you will find it somewhere along the way.

17 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If you don't have logs of its deletion and/or death then it is likely still alive and was teleported back to its latest "safe" location. Go back on your track and chances are that you will find it somewhere along the way.

That's a negative. I just retraced the whole trip on a Basilosaur (including locating and murdering the offending Tuso). The Mosa is definitely gone, which means the otter likely is also (poor thing would also drown eventually at the depths this occured). For some extra clarification, this happened in Single Player mode launched with -PreventHibernation (so SP in my case is using Stasis mode for sleeping map cells), and I didn't personally die when it happened. I'm no stranger to being suddenly without a mount in ARK - I had flippers equipped and lazarus chowder active. I bolted upward when I realized my mount was gone until I cleared the Tuso's AI ceiling, piked an Electrophorus that followed me, unpodded a baryonyx and swam home. Didn't see the Mosa in my water pen either.

Archived