Need Help Adding Dinos to Crystal Isles

Ragnar75

Hi All!

So been wanting to add some of the dinos that were taking out of Crystal Isles map.  I followed https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/2574319728560692464/ as a baseline, but, I didn't want to add all the dinos (mostly ferrox, enforcer, gachas, and bloodstalkers).  I also saw within that thread, that people suggested downloading Ark Server Manager (ASM), so I did.  After comparing the results from the thread and the output from ASM (it creates the syntax and format for the .ini files), the below output is what I put in the game.ini file, under [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameUserSettings].

The dinos aren't spawning.  I didn't do the cheat dinowipe, however, my daily server reset shoulddo that.  What am I missing/what do I need to do?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_FloatingIslands_Main_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="RockDrake",EntryWeight=0.050000,NPSCsToSpawnStrings=("RockDrake_character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="RockDrake_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.050000)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="OWL",EntryWeight=0.050000,NPSCsToSpawnStrings=("Owl_character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Owl_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.050000)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="IceJumper",EntryWeight=0.050000,NPSCsToSpawnStrings=("IceJumper_character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="IceJumper_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.050000)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Spindle",EntryWeight=0.050000,NPSCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.050000)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SE_DinoSpawnEntriesBadlands_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Spindle",EntryWeight=0.050000,NPSCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.050000)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SE_DinoSpawnEntriesDunes_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Worm",EntryWeight=0.010000,NPSCsToSpawnStrings=("Deathworm_character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Deathworm_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.010000)))

4 hours ago, Ragnar75 said:

The dinos aren't spawning.  I didn't do the cheat dinowipe, however, my daily server reset shoulddo that.  What am I missing/what do I need to do?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know about the syntax you're looking for, but this is incorrect. Simply stopping & restarting the server doesn't wipe anything, the game saves the location of all existing dinos during shutdown and restores them during start up.

You're going to have to do a dino wipe any time you want to test changes of the type you're trying to make.

3 hours ago, Ragnar75 said:

Ah gotcha, thank you. Haven't done that before, how long before dinos repopulate?

Thank you again.

They begin repopulating almost immediately, you'll probably experience server lag or even freezing for about 10-15 seconds as the game calculates respawning dinos. So you want to be in a safe place when you execute the command, then you can fly out and start scouting around your map to see if the changes worked.

Archived