Parameter to increase client timeout

arkark

There is a problem we are experiencing in Extinction (and, as far as I know, a lot of ppl is also experiencing this in their official extinction servers). Every time the server saves there is like a 99% chance of disconnecting because of a timeout. The server keeps running so technically the problem is at the game client that (apparently) trigger some timeout value and decides that the server is not responding and sends the player to game menu with a timeout popup message.

I havent measured the time with precision, but I would say its about a minute or so. If the server is saving during more than a minute, the client timeouts. And because saves in Extinction are really time consuming, this happen very often.

So, I've started searching in UE4 documentation and found some tunables that could help in defining a client timeout:

DefaultEngine.ini

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
InitialConnectTimeout=100
ConnectionTimeout=100

Sadly this don't have any effect in game and even raising this value (which in ARK files has 300 as value) the problem doesnt solve.

So, I would like to ask to @Cedric, @Dollie or anyone who have UE4 knowledges. Is there any tunnable in .ini files that we, the users, can modify to increase the client timeout to prevent from being disconnected due to very long save time?

Thx

Archived