xbox one Is it possible you can host your own server on ARK on the xbox one?

daniloispro

Hi guys,

I had an question: Is it possible to host your own server on ARK on xbox one for your friends. If you have to pay It doesn't matter but PvP servers on PC are frustrating If you are building your base with some friends. I do not mean "servers" like minecraft on xbox one but servers with 30+ slots or something! :)

Greetz,

Ultim4t3 0wnSz

22 hours ago, bubblywums said:

At this time I think the only way to do that is to have a second xbox and a second copy of the game that you run as a server, but I am not sure how many slots you can get with that. 

50 players, according to Jesse's recent tweet.

link

edit: He is now saying 70 players in a more recent tweet...

1 hour ago, Tomato808o said:

How exactly does that work

what do you mean? you would load one game up on the second xbox and setup your server, name it, set access password etc.. you would then leave this one on all the time (so settings would have to be set to never turn xbox off) and then on the main console you play on you would find your server you made and join it.

2 hours ago, Jelle2503 said:

Good luck. 50 slot server needs about 100/100mbit and burns througj about 3 terabyte a month.

So you end up with many crappy servers and lots of angry ISPs since 3 terabyte is not fair use.

That's why u need a second Xbox that is only for ark and u can't turn it off so u are going to burn it before u run out of memory space 

5 hours ago, zousug said:

what do you mean? you would load one game up on the second xbox and setup your server, name it, set access password etc.. you would then leave this one on all the time (so settings would have to be set to never turn xbox off) and then on the main console you play on you would find your server you made and join it.

Oh ok makes sense I just am not farmiliar with how those kinds of things work. Thanks. Now I know how to do that for my friends

2 hours ago, zousug said:

no worries man, im going to an official server with a bunch of friends lol.. if u and ur friends wanted to join our tribe be more then welcome :)

Thanks what will you're tribe name be? Also I'm surprised to see some actually treating me nicely. I go on so many other social media/forums and everyone is so agressive. So thanks. Did I mention I'm very new to ark community

the tribe name is Relictus sanctuario  - or Abandoned Sanctuary in english haha.

We have things sorted already and in an alliance haha, we are currently 7 strong lol.

Yeah I know the feeling regarding having aggressive people.. and Im new as well, iv followed ark for the longest time and not till there was a date for the xbox one did I start posting :P

1 hour ago, zousug said:

the tribe name is Relictus sanctuario  - or Abandoned Sanctuary in english haha.

We have things sorted already and in an alliance haha, we are currently 7 strong lol.

Yeah I know the feeling regarding having aggressive people.. and Im new as well, iv followed ark for the longest time and not till there was a date for the xbox one did I start posting :P

What's ur Xbox Gt I might join ur tribe ?

11 hours ago, zousug said:

Lol same as me 

GT is Zousug, we are a snow tribe with Dire Wolves as our tribes 'primary' dinos, will have others of course but just as a symbol u know.

if the tribe gets big enough plan is to take the herbivore for our tribe as well.. so we would have two islands lol

as for server, ill let u know.. add me on xbox and ill message you when we have one. it will be on PvP.

Archived