SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()

Stahnke

Hello. Good evening :)

I was hosting a private dedicated server until jan/2020. Everything was going fine, server full, no lag, etc...
And then, this week I decided to host the server again, public this time, but my server isn't showing at the server list. It's only possible to connect adding it on favorite.
Looking at the server.cmd window I noticed these error lines(?) that probably** are the issues:

"SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
gethostbyname failed ()"

I mean probably because nothing has changed since I stopped hosting the server and I've never got this erro lines before.

Any idea how to fix it?

9 hours ago, Stahnke said:

Hello. Good evening :)

I was hosting a private dedicated server until jan/2020. Everything was going fine, server full, no lag, etc...
And then, this week I decided to host the server again, public this time, but my server isn't showing at the server list. It's only possible to connect adding it on favorite.
Looking at the server.cmd window I noticed these error lines(?) that probably** are the issues:

"SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
gethostbyname failed ()"

I mean probably because nothing has changed since I stopped hosting the server and I've never got this erro lines before.

Any idea how to fix it?

Ran into this issue lat night and still having some smaller problems.

But got a tip from another owner and worked for me.

Apperntly they removed the command for Rawsockets, but when they did this they activated that feature.

And how i solved it was skipping a port so i had 7777 / 7778 / 7779 and he told me to change it to 7777 / 7779 / 7781.

server just stopped working and got the connection timed out error but restart fixed that.

Hope this help and apperntly this has been going on for over 1 week with not even a notice from WC.

Archived