Gamma King Titan fight help

Tehfitm8

Gamma King Titan fight help

Hello all! I'm making this post and attempts to get some advice and tips for the Gamma King Titan fight after I failed miserably on official extinction 444 this weekend.

TLDR; I lost a Gamma king titan fight on official and I have these following questions (See below)

To start, I think my first mistake was testing in single player without disabling single player settings ... I did change the rates to official but I just realized that disabling single player was an option not long before making this post. With that being said I ended up starting the fight with my tribe mates and I (4 survivors) one lvl 198 Mek with an apprentice M.R.L.M. and 50 rocket pods, 2 fully imprinted Gigas with over 1200 melee, and finally the ice and desert Titan, unfortunately the forest Titan up and disappeared towards the end of my fight whenever I was destroying the final corruption node on his chin for no reason (thanks wildcard). Anyways the fight went down like this...

so no forest Titan, only ice and desert, I set desert to aggressive, my tribe mate B had the ice Titan, tribe mates F and H jumped on the two gigas, I had our best mek which leaves the desert Titan unpiloted. So at the beginning of the fight all was going okay until a corrupted tumor began to form, I'm guessing gigas aren't very good for them because F died while mounted on a giga after we killed one, it exploded and despite being right next to the tumor when it exploded I was fine in the mek! H controls both gigas after F's went off after the titan, then we back off to regroup, as the element node phase begins H defends me to heal my mek, forgot about asteroids and one landed right on my happy ass, scout died so I jumped in mek with low health and element node phase ends. When the element node phase ends the King Titan punches the ground which sent pretty much everything flying including H, the gigas and myself. I flew back in with my Mek and H was luckily able to gather up both gigas but was out of the fight. I end up losing the mek  to the corrupted and started trying to control the desert Titan, died not long after then some bullpoop happened with B and he couldn't control the ice Titan (couldn't turn around, move or attack) and ended up dying with it. So overall we lost a mek with rocket pods and tributes but we got all the gigas back so....whatever!

My questions are... What's best to kill corrupted tumors?

I'm thinking Meks since apparently the explosion of the tumor kills the rider off of a giga?

What are the recommended tames for this gamma fight?

What's the minimum I could use for a gamma fight?

Is there anyway to prevent the death of a survivor piloting a Titan via king Titans Meteor shower attack?

Does the desert Titan do damage to the King Titan? According to single-player testing he doesn't damage corrupted tumors or the King Titan with any of his attacks...

what's the best tame to defend element nodes? It goes without saying that the gigas did massive collateral damage...

Despite researching everything on the Ark wiki and testing in single-player I still came up short in the fight on official...

Thank you SO MUCH for taking time out of your schedule to read and reply to this thread! 

You're probably in the cutting edge. The truth is, few people know. I never tried it and am slowly working my way there but it's a ways off. 5% have completed alpha ascension achievement on steam, and out of those, many probably got it using god mode or admin commands. King titan is harder, so I'm guessing very few people actually killed it, and even fewer know everything about the fight to really answer your questions in detail. 

I saw a video of nooblets defeating alpha king titan, it was uploaded recently. Granted, that was alpha, but he had like 50 or more gigas, all 3 titans, mega mek as well as 1 or 2 regular meks. So maybe 2 gigas is too little? I dunno. 

Okay so, since I'm already thinking about how I'll do it when the time comes, or how I'll first attempt it I should say, I've had a couple more thoughts.

First of all, you talk about defending element nodes. I talked about that in another thread where somebody said you don't have to do that, and in nooblets video I'm not sure if they did anything to them. Maybe focusing on them too much is a mistake but I'm not sure. Actually, if you watch that nooblets video, it doesn't look like they're doing too much. I see some shields up around the element nodes so I am assuming one of the guys on the mechs is using a shield module but I don't know the significance of doing it. Supposedly they spawn 3 waves of enemies, but again, if you look in the video, the way the fight goes down doesn't suggest they really have time to defeat all those waves anyway. It's really, really fast. His gigas don't even all have saddles, and some survive throughout the whole fight.

Another thought I had, which isn't mine but something I remembered someone else suggesting is, have several squads of gigas spread out and think of them as collateral. Maybe one of the squads die to a meteor or something, no biggie, but leave them outside the king titan's aoe and send in one squad at a time. When they die, send in another. Don't worry about trying to keep them alive but use them as fodder instead. That's what I'll probably do, and that's what they kinda do in the video, although they send in every giga right away it seems.

They don't seem to do much meteor dancing so they take some meteors I guess. The Wiki suggests if you have bad element node defenders, like Gigas for example, to not worry about the nodes and attack the king titan instead. He takes reduced damage but the wiki states the element node will detonate after a certain amount of damage is done to the King Titan while it kneels. I don't know the viability of that, but having more than 2 gigas would certainly enable you to brute force your way through the mechanic. The fight is designed to be done by multiple people so that's a way to compensate for not being a mega-tribe.

Thank you very much for all of your input, I'm looking forward to hear how it goes! This next time around I'm going to replace the two gigas with heavily mutated managarmr, all 3 Titans and 5 Meks... I'll be sure to reply to this thread to let you know how this next fight goes! I'm hoping next Saturday so stay tuned ?

Archived