breeding Random level gain

DunG30nDraG0n

Random level gain

Ok so, I've been playing this game for a few years now and i'd like to say I'm a veteran at it. But something happened that I don't really understand and I was hoping someone else could give me an answer. I was breeding allosaurus' and hatching about 20 eggs at a time. All the parents from the eggs shared the same level and the same exact stats (I was breeding for mutations at the time) and every now and then I would get an allo that had 9 extra levels or 9 fewer, but there was no noticable stat change and no mutations. Does anybody know what happened? 

All animals have "wasted" points in the speed stat (except rideable flyers), so my initial guess would be that the parents have different points in the speed stat, but that would show on the level and as you said, the parents are at the same level, so that doesn't fit. Are they imprinted? Have you tried exporting them and importing them in ARK smart breeder so that you can see the exact number of points they have in each stat? Only works on PC, but on Console you should be able to manually enter them and it should calculate the stats correctly.

There are a few bugs with the game sometimes forgetting values or showing the wrong value. On the ARK smart breeder page they are listed: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor . I would expect this list to be exhaustive and the Allosaurus is not on it. I'm all out of suggestions, sorry.

Edit: There is of course also the situation where the offspring gets mutations put in the speed stat so that the level increases without any stats showing as higher. But that should only be 2 levels, or in a rare case 4 and even rarer 6. Either way, it shouldn't be 9 levels. Also, you should see some colour changes as well. It's very unlikely that every time a mutation hits, the colour mutation is in an unused region. About as unlikely that you get a mutation only in the speed stat every time :P Hence why I didn't mention it originally.

16 hours ago, Zahlea said:

All animals have "wasted" points in the speed stat (except rideable flyers), so my initial guess would be that the parents have different points in the speed stat, but that would show on the level and as you said, the parents are at the same level, so that doesn't fit. Are they imprinted? Have you tried exporting them and importing them in ARK smart breeder so that you can see the exact number of points they have in each stat? Only works on PC, but on Console you should be able to manually enter them and it should calculate the stats correctly.

There are a few bugs with the game sometimes forgetting values or showing the wrong value. On the ARK smart breeder page they are listed: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor . I would expect this list to be exhaustive and the Allosaurus is not on it. I'm all out of suggestions, sorry.

Edit: There is of course also the situation where the offspring gets mutations put in the speed stat so that the level increases without any stats showing as higher. But that should only be 2 levels, or in a rare case 4 and even rarer 6. Either way, it shouldn't be 9 levels. Also, you should see some colour changes as well. It's very unlikely that every time a mutation hits, the colour mutation is in an unused region. About as unlikely that you get a mutation only in the speed stat every time :P Hence why I didn't mention it originally.

I have put the points into the Dododex calculator and it showed the points to go into wasted stats, but again the ancestry shows 0 mutations on either side. I've had this happen with a lot of my hatches and I'm just wondering if there's some kind of inbreeding mechanic now ? They are also not imprinted and, like I said every stat was the same and the parents were identical. Quite a brain teaser for me personally

forget the dododex calculator and use SmartBreeder!

that reads the realstats from the exported dino file & will see where you have "hidden"points spend (levels gained)!

breeding for years & i have dinos with "all" the smae stats, just difference in speed& oxigen, wich leads to a lvl range from 250 to 315!, sooo even if you dont have extra mutations, those background points matter alot lvlwise!

Archived