Make the Phoenix the powerhouse the Legendary creature it should be.

dwesprice

Suggestion

Make the Phoenix the powerhouse the Legendary creature it should be.

I know you probably get a lot of these requests and really can't do anything to change Ark during this global pandemic. But I still really think that the Phoenix should have a TLC. Not necessarily changing the look as much as the damage on the thing. Its rarer and harder to get then any wyvern or any other dino or creature in general. I know its supposed to be a more cool late game showoff creature, But at that point you really have no need for its abilities. A piece of cooked meat here and there is nice but I don't see anyone bringing that on a PvP raid or a boss fight of any kind. While it is still an awesome creature, The Phoenix has the potential to become a real game changer. Instead of being a trophy you can hang on the wall it could become a  flying Magmasaur with a little less health and the ability to turn the tide in any PvP raid or Boss battle. I implore you look into some kind of change to the mythical and celestial creature that has captured the minds of people for a millennia and make it the true dragon of The Scorched Earth. Again sorry to bother you, Hope you all are well and healthy, Have a good rest of your spring and a successful year.
Thank you,
A loyal player
           -Wes Price

main-qimg-dec0e81e97c84a42538d2fe32b4f70

2 replies to this server topic

The phoenix is a fun creature - but not one that I usually go out to tame. For a few reasons:

• It is very hard to actually tame. I have set on ledges outside of the Dunes just waiting for a storm to tame one before and it took hours for the storm I needed to show up. 
  • It can't be bred. What you tame is all you get. Beyond leveling, it will not get any better. And for that reason, it becomes a "pretty" creature more so than a usable one. 
  • The forge concept... sometimes works. Sure if you are on the go and this is the creature you have it could be convenient. It will smelt and cook things for you. Fantastic. However once you get it home, it is really quite sad when compared to industrial level items like the forge and grill. Not only that, but I tried to use it as a line item forge. Meaning it held more so it could smelt more at the cost of time. However that idea was shot when I learned that it wouldn't smelt while the players were offline. Unlike the forge where it would keep going. 
  • It is a laggy beast. It can't land, so you constantly have the flying motion at your base that adds the lag. Something that i try to minimize as a console player. 
  • It has no imprinting. Like the griffin, this makes it cap out pretty quickly. And honestly, cuts my interest drastically. 
  • It has not saddle. So it has no additional protection that you can apply to it. 
  • No "phoenix" like rebirth. It does appear out of nowhere in the desert, but it can't be reborn... so doesn't that just make it a fire-bird born through heat? 

Overall, it is again a cool addition, but even for a PvE player myself, one that is not usually worth the effort. So a TLC to this creature would be nice. 

Archived