Strategies and Ideas

Lexgan

Hello fellow ARK community. SO me and a group of friends were having a BLAST playing the game. We are in a PvP server and everyone was cool with a few trolls but that was fun. A bit of excitement here and there. But we ran into problems . . . we were wiped. No explanations (who needs to explain it's pvp we knew it would happen), completely killed off starting from scratch. We were just farmers in that server and we got wrecked. So now my question is this, what do we do now?

It is made obvious that we are on the hit list of tribes that needs to be wiped out so we are dreading building all over again(4th time getting wiped, somethings gotta give), but we don't want to abandon our lvl. 80 characters and be bullied out of a server. What can we do for fun now? How? We are usually 8 people online at a time so I would like to hear your fun ideas so I can tell my group. Still new to the game loving the brutality. Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

31 minutes ago, Lexgan said:

Hello fellow ARK community. SO me and a group of friends were having a BLAST playing the game. We are in a PvP server and everyone was cool with a few trolls but that was fun. A bit of excitement here and there. But we ran into problems . . . we were wiped. No explanations (who needs to explain it's pvp we knew it would happen), completely killed off starting from scratch. We were just farmers in that server and we got wrecked. So now my question is this, what do we do now?

It is made obvious that we are on the hit list of tribes that needs to be wiped out so we are dreading building all over again(4th time getting wiped, somethings gotta give), but we don't want to abandon our lvl. 80 characters and be bullied out of a server. What can we do for fun now? How? We are usually 8 people online at a time so I would like to hear your fun ideas so I can tell my group. Still new to the game loving the brutality. Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

Upload your characters and join my server!

You might have some luck forming an alliance or two with other tribes on the server, who have also been raided or trolled by said tribe. Never hurts to ask around, you may end up making some new friends in the process.

If all else fails, you could try joining or hosting your own player dedicated server, with pre-set rules.   <-- My go to option..  ;)

1 hour ago, Lexgan said:

Base Strategy:

You need 100+ plant-x.  By myself with metal tools (a beaver helps, and a doed would be nice but not necessary) and just compost bins (annoying as hell, get dung beetle)....I can manage probably 200+?

So 100+ is more than doable.

Your base needs to be a square, nothing fancy, nothing stupid looking.  No cool towers, nothing, just a cube.  No pillars if avoidable, pillars are dumb.  Our tribe just came to a new server we were about lvl 20, we attacked a base with pillars, got inside, destroyed their wires to their auto-turrets, and murdered all their high level dinos, this tribe was huge had dozens of dinos including lvl 200+ spino.  We got about 40 levels off their base alone (not to mention all the kibble and other things we stole).  We are all close to level 60 just from them. Why? Because they were stupid enough to build on pillars.

The roof is all plant-x

Around the edge of the cube you should built a terrace and it's all plant-x 1 per tile.

You surround your base with behemo gates...the tops of the gates are all plant-x.

When you're appropriate level, get auto-turrets, first place them to cover your cube base and guard plant-x from rockets.  Next place them to cover the plant-x on the gate.

-----------------------------------

Dino Strategy:

Get a farm, simple, small, 3x3 usually is enough, medium plots are enough.  Dodos for pteras, scorps for Rexs, pretty easy stuff.  Make kibble.  Tame decent dinos or at least you tame them fast with kibble.  If you don't want to harvest berries, get a couple small plots for mejo/narco.

Get pteras to defend base from pvp (grab players, drop them, barrel roll, etc.)

Get Rexs to fast level your characters.

You can get doeds/anky/quetz to farm better.  Beaver helps and gathers berries pretty well.

Get a bronto, build a saddle, load it with turrets and learn basics of base building on brontos.  Keep brontos close to base.  Acts as huge AOE attacker and mobile turret defense to reposition where the attack is concentrated most.

---------------------------------------------

Bottom line:

This is all pretty doable by 2 players, you just need to coordinate and know what to go for and when...I wrote this out in two parts but each line item is the order to do it in...but you attack Base and Dino at same times...so they are two parallel issues you need to do concurrently.

Archived