Implant during the end cutscene

Supertoto

Well, it's not exactly clear. In Genesis we are inside a simulation. If you remember the Matrix and how they didn't have those holes in their body when they were inside the Matrix? Could be something like that? You don't have the implant inside the Genesis simulation but it's still embedded in every body that is cloned in the real world?

I still don't understand what it means to be a homo deus. I get that it means that you are like a computer program flying around inside the cloud, and to again use the Matrix as a comparison, a Homo Deus is somewhat like the Agent programs running inside the Matrix. The more I'm typing this out I realize they got a lot of inspiration from the Matrix, didn't they?

But so when that program inhabits a body, what happens to the "personality in the cloud"? When a homo deus is uploaded into a new body, does it cease existing and/or go into stasis inside the computer system while the body is being inhabited? Or does the homo deus record inside the system co-exist with your "human self" out in the world? So if you could hack a terminal or something, you can finally have a conversation with the most interesting person in the world, yourself? It's not clear to me exactly how it works. You already exist inside a computer program when the Obelisks put you in a new body and beam you down to the Arks, so how is that different from what you become when you ascend on Earth? I would think that the information that you have defeated a guardian and ascended an ark would be embedded in your personality and not have to rely on a "chip" in your arm, especially since you are getting new bodies. The implant doesn't seem to have anything to do with you, it seems to have something to do with the system "tagging" people to keep track of what "caste" they belong to. Although if it's sophisticated enough to let you live inside it, I would think it would be able to tell from scanning your memories that you have defeated such and such Overseer/Guardian, so I don't understand the purpose of the implant then.

Archived