Ark Dedicated Server Not Working

Amurah

Ark Dedicated Server Not Working

So recently I decided to try and set up a dedicated server for just myself and a couple of friends. I followed the steps, and even installed Server Manager as I was told it was a much easier way of going about setting up a server.

Everything seemed to be going fine, but once I booted up the server, I noticed it would always hang on "waiting for publication" and never advance past that. I also portforwarded the ports 7777, 7778, and 27015 as I was told to do. But I noticed whenever checking those ports they would always show up as closed. And my server wont show up within the servers list, and gives my friends a timed out error when they attempt to join through myself. I tried disabling my firewall as well, to no avail. I'm honestly at a loss as to what I could possibly be doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be, I'm all ears. I'm super frustrated at this point, and not really sure what else to try.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:06 PM, Xystos said:

did you apply a static ip for your server on the LAN? just to rule out u been given another ip from your router so the portforwarding happens to a wrong ip.

You mean applying the static ip to the ports right? Yeah, I made sure to do that. I did end up changing the port numbers to see if it made any difference, and managed to get it past waiting for publication. Now server manager shows the server as available. But we still can't find it via the servers list in game, and whenever I add the server to my steam servers list it shows as "server not responding" for both of us, and again I'm only able to join via LAN. Any idea what would be causing that? Is that still a port issue, or something else? 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, Larkfields said:

Does the server log report any errors?

No the server seems to boot smoothly without any issues as far as I can tell. That's what's confusing.

Archived