Mod Settings in Single player/Server settings

Cluster74

Suggestion

Mod Settings in Single player/Server settings

Hi,

Please can someone look at giving more control to those people who wish to setup single player or host their own server...

I, like many, have hundreds of mods that I like to use and when setting up my own server I find it takes so much time trying to sort through hundreds of mods I have in the "Available Mods" list and try to get them into some kind of load order in the "Active Mods" list... At present you only have very basic add and remove commands on the mods you wish to add, however, I would like to be able to move them up or down the "Active Mods" list. Also it would be awesome to be able to have the ability to search for the mod I am looking for instead of going up and down the near endless list to try and find the one I'm looking for.

This would make it so much easier... Thanks

3 replies to this server topic

From this post:

The UI for Single Player/Server Settings need some pretty obvious QoL improvements in the order of importance.

1) I should be able rearrange mod priority order using the UI. Click-and-Drag is my personal preference, but even simple Shift Up, Shift Down, Shift To Top, and Shift To Bottom buttons would do wonders. It's such an obvious need for any mod loader that I cannot help but wonder why it was never added in the first place. Considering how simple it is to rearrange mod load order in the GameUserSettings.ini folder, I should hope an UI-based tool to accomplish this would be reasonably simple to make.

2) I should be able to filter mods using a search tool.

3) I want to have more control over my world settings from within the UI; I don't want to be constantly jumping to manually editing the .ini file. I'm fine with having the more complex settings hidden under 'Advanced Settings,' but they should at least be there! The first place I noticed this was with the difficulty settings when I wanted to increase the max level of creatures in the world to 180.

4) For the settings that are visible, I will say that I greatly appreciate how informative the descriptions are. The "higher values do this and lower values do this" is very helpful and I think should be expanded upon. That being said, there's still some confusingly-described settings that could use some improvements (looking at you, imprinting settings).

Edit: I was dumb and didn't understand that thread necromancy isn't a thing since this is vote-based forum, but I'm leaving the link as reference so people know this has been brought up before.

Archived