Saber Slalom

vtallbloke

Saber Slalom

So, I am loving the missions (although have not completed that many yet)

I would just like to make an oberservation about saber slalom in that the times for beta and alpha are just not realistic or achievable.

I saw a video with 3.19 on the clock for beta but when I run I only get 2.19 and I am def still close to a min away.

Ran it 7 times on beta always ended up at the same spot within a few seconds (bridge)

Ran alpha and you get like 20secs less time- cmon Devs you are having a laugh surely- I would be interested to see how you got to the bottom in 2.19 on the provided saber?

Anyone else managed to complete within the "2.19 or 1.59" times alloted for this event?

Hiya I agree, unless there is something I am missing this just doesn't appear possible to do on Beta or Alpha difficulties. I will try keeping a low weight or maybe even bringing my own saber or other mount. Also i will restart my concole in case something is cached as i am trying the Bta and Alpha immediately after completing Gamma.

33 minutes ago, Psyker07 said:

Hiya I agree, unless there is something I am missing this just doesn't appear possible to do on Beta or Alpha difficulties. I will try keeping a low weight or maybe even bringing my own saber or other mount. Also i will restart my concole in case something is cached as i am trying the Bta and Alpha immediately after completing Gamma.

Ok so some observations - i tend to do better when keeping feet on the ground (no jumping) and avoiding hitting obstacles like the crystals, dinos and walls as you tend to build up speed as running and this breaks your speed.

Beta on these races is barely possible from what I've seen.  Alpha probably requires you to hit every turn perfectly with no slowing down and even then not sure if it's possible to do with a perfect optimized run.

Imo to make it more doable I think they should add 20-30 seconds to Beta and perhaps 15-20 more seconds on alpha.  And that goes for almost every single race I've tried except Bottle nozed blitz which is actually very possible.

Archived