Lvl1 killed by Raptor lvl 108?

ActionJaxxsun

21 minutes ago, ActionJaxxsun said:

Just got the game, learning the basics etc etc. Spawning in the zones marked (easy)

Question being, I am constantly getting pummelled by wildlife of crazy high levels, is that normal? Last mob was a raptor level 108 came out of nowhere and 1 shotted me. I am on a PvE realm.

On an official server, the difficulty is set to max, so the dinosaurs you find around the map range from 4-120. Finding a level 108 isn't all that common, so you probably just got unlucky ;)

I just recently restarted my single player and logged in on the SE beach and was mauled by two Dilos.....one being a 120!  If you're gonna die, might as well be epic.  

Yea, it's frustrating, but it really does get better and those early stupid death stories really are funny when you are level 80 sitting in a metal base.  Enjoy the challenge!

Build something ASAP for shelter

Pay attention to your surroundings

Make a storage box....put most stuff in box

This last go around, I put points into my run speed and stamina and health and ran away from raptors and dilos and often freight train them into something else to eat while I sneak away. 

Have a sense of humor.  Good luck!

11 hours ago, ActionJaxxsun said:

Just got the game, learning the basics etc etc. Spawning in the zones marked (easy)

Question being, I am constantly getting pummelled by wildlife of crazy high levels, is that normal? Last mob was a raptor level 108 came out of nowhere and 1 shotted me. I am on a PvE realm.

Where are you on the island? Many areas are far more dangerous than others. The southern islets area is a bit less stressful when you are starting out for example. The swamp or snow biomes are extremely dangerous.

Archived