How do I vote on World mod contest

Wally

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, hellianaVonSlash said:

ok maybe someone can explain why i get notifications my topic has been merged?

We merged the other topics that were asking the same thing as this one has received the most replies.

I understand everyone feeling a bit peeved, but we aren't doing this for enjoyment. We would like the ark modding contest to go as fairly as possible, and we all know that ideas like fairness and honesty get easily thrown to the wayside when internet anonymity gets thrown into the mix. It doesn't take much to register an account on the community hub, or on steam, or making an xbox live account. To that end, we have decided to add this side measure. And to ensure fairness on this, we in the community team do constantly monitor these forums and deliberate whether someone is just posting just to spam and build up their post counts or are actually trying to contribute to the community with discussion. It's admittedly a little added pressure on us, but if it helps ensure that our contests are as fair as humanly possible then it's pressure that we will gladly bear.

Yea I too am updating my server as we speak, since there was s big update on The Center, they had to remove the new Sea Scorpion as they breed non-stop. Causing higher population servers to become extremely laggy. Hoping that Ark devs push a fix for that soon, as lower the spawn rates for them seems to have no effect either.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

We merged the other topics that were asking the same thing as this one has received the most replies.

I understand everyone feeling a bit peeved, but we aren't doing this for enjoyment. We would like the ark modding contest to go as fairly as possible, and we all know that ideas like fairness and honesty get easily thrown to the wayside when internet anonymity gets thrown into the mix. It doesn't take much to register an account on the community hub, or on steam, or making an xbox live account. To that end, we have decided to add this side measure. And to ensure fairness on this, we in the community team do constantly monitor these forums and deliberate whether someone is just posting just to spam and build up their post counts or are actually trying to contribute to the community with discussion. It's admittedly a little added pressure on us, but if it helps ensure that our contests are as fair as humanly possible then it's pressure that we will gladly bear.

Can understand this 100% but at the same time, I do have better things I could be doing then trying to get my posts to 30 just to vote for the mod that I love.. I do enjoy playing the game and I am big part of the discussions in the steams groups and forums for the mod I am trying to vote for. I can also understand it better when someone is trying to make a random account, but using steam to connect through and validate should be looked at a little differently.. Not saying I am here just to spam posts and get a vote, I will help on questions or something that i see and know the answer to.

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

While I do understand the reason behind this, I do still feel that requiring 30 posts on verified steam users is a tad much. Even if you set a playtime requirement of say 100+ hours, I am sure all would agree that their votes are valid.

**Edit

Thank you for at least posting a reply in regards to the reason by the way :D

prob a way to verify ownership of ark in a verified steam acc  also..not really sure u have to play ark to vote anyone can opena a acc here..and if a modder has a huge family and friends poof they got votes..and they have ppl they know to get thier 30 posts.. so there is no real way to stop ppl from padding the votes

1 minute ago, hellianaVonSlash said:

prob a way to verify ownership of ark in a verified steam acc  also..not really sure u have to play ark to vote anyone can opena a acc here..and if a modder has a huge family and friends poof they got votes..and they have ppl they know to get thier 30 posts.. so there is no real way to stop ppl from padding the votes

Unless they made it voters are steam verified with XXX amount of hours into the game.. Which is this possible for you guys to do? I think it would be since we connect our accounts straight through the website.

@hellianaVonSlash You mentioned that you are using the Valhalla map, Do you notice significant lag due to the maps size? I was going to use it before I opted for The Center map, but from all the videos I watched, I am getting the feeling that it would just frustrate the heck out of me with all the lag due to constant loading of the map while flying/running around.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Devestatio said:

While I do understand the reason behind this, I do still feel that requiring 30 posts on verified steam users is a tad much. Even if you set a playtime requirement of say 100+ hours, I am sure all would agree that their votes are valid.

Setting a play time requirement would be one of the least fair ways to handle this, specially if mods eventually get brought over to consoles. Xbox users may want to weigh in with mods they see as cool, and the same applies for ps4 users, the likes of which wouldn't even have any hours played. On top of that the forums could have PC players that sign up and are curious about ARK before buying it, using the forums to ask about technical questions and to gauge how the community is.

That said, there is no rush to get your 30 posts in. Voting runs all the way until May 12. Even if you were only to find one thread you would want to post in each day you would still be able to vote before the deadline.

2 minutes ago, NewwGuyy said:

Unless they made it voters are steam verified with XXX amount of hours into the game.. Which is this possible for you guys to do? I think it would be since we connect our accounts straight through the website.

From other sites i have registered to that use the steam secured logins, I know they can gather that info. I believe they just need to inform users logging in via steam that that info is available to the site owners.

1 minute ago, Devestatio said:

@hellianaVonSlash You mentioned that you are using the Valhalla map, Do you notice significant lag due to the maps size? I was going to use it before I opted for The Center map, but from all the videos I watched, I am getting the feeling that it would just frustrate the heck out of me with all the lag due to constant loading of the map while flying/running around.

yes it has lag..but so did the Island map..its just so much better then the Island map its worth it

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Setting a play time requirement would be one of the least fair ways to handle this, specially if mods eventually get brought over to consoles. Xbox users may want to weigh in with mods they see as cool, and the same applies for ps4 users, the likes of which wouldn't even have any hours played. On top of that the forums could have PC players that sign up and are curious about ARK before buying it, using the forums to ask about technical questions and to gauge how the community is.

That said, there is no rush to get your 30 posts in. Voting runs all the way until May 12. Even if you were only to find one thread you would want to post in each day you would still be able to vote before the deadline.

ok I guess from that point of view this method makes sense, and thank you for that last bit of info as well. I admit I had not fully read the voting details, and was not at all aware we had until May 12th. All posts in mod forums made it seem like a rushed event lol.

2 minutes ago, Devestatio said:

From other sites i have registered to that use the steam secured logins, I know they can gather that info. I believe they just need to inform users logging in via steam that that info is available to the site owners.

Yeah I figured as much.. Can understand how that works from console point of view, but there must be a way for that to gauge hours in game as well? Im not really savvy so wouldnt know.. Anyway off for now, I'm over exhausted at this point.

2 minutes ago, hellianaVonSlash said:

yes it has lag..but so did the Island map..its just so much better then the Island map its worth it

See and i am starting to get that feeling as well after using The Center map now for about a month. Yes it has georgeous landscapes but its very limited on building space, and combined with Insane Dinos from Annunaki Genisis, If you don't build in some hard to reach cliff ledge you are going to be rebuilding several times a week...

19 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Why not just set up a system to check their forum account to the Steam/Xbox account? Y'all have already done a great job of connecting our accounts here to there. Either if there's a way to check purchased games, run a check of the account owning Ark already and let that flag the account to be able to vote. Not sure if that's possible though I guess, but I mean, then if they wanted to vote more, they'd have to buy multiple games on multiple accounts. Putting financial barriers up is usually the most effective way to counter voter fraud.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived