Couple of questions about the Dev kit and modeling.

Rio4201

Couple of questions about the Dev kit and modeling.

So recently I lost a system that was running the ark dev kit relatively smoothly, i'm now on an AMD Ryzen 7 with 32gb memory and I'm finding that the tool is really laggy, and I mean really super laggy. The map I was developing was at 255 x 255 quad which obviously is twice the size of the Island.  I guess my question is, if I drop it down a notch that should improve the lag, but what else can I do to reduce it. Since I'm starting over, I'm thinking tweaks to whatever I can would be a good thing to get done now rather than have to make those mid creation.

Secondly,  I've been learning and developing models in Blender for a few years now, and I'm curious as to what the guidelines are for modeling for Ark?  What model type, what poly count we should be aiming for,, rigging/skeletal meshes are they available or do we have to create our own, etc etc?

Wow, not a single response from one of our esteemed 3d modelers or creators of custom dinos?  I did manage to get a model imported into unreal, but I was hoping for some tip/tricks to improve development, and a typical development standard for poly count would be good. I'd rather not have 3k in triangles on models but am not sure what the going target range is. lol. 

Archived