Update space requirements on the store page

Aylana314159

Suggestion

2 replies to this server topic

On 8/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, lozerette said:

I might believe that only the base game with no saved games, no mods, no extra maps, and no expansions installed could be 60 gigs. My Ark folder takes up three hundred and twenty-nine (329) GIGS right now, though.

A big problem I have is that when you "unsubscribe" from a mod/map, it doesn't actually remove the files from your mod folder. This causes the game to just keep growing the more mods/maps you try out. They seriously need to implement some sort of file cleanup system. As it stands, I have to periodically go in, look up the mod ids for each folder, then delete the mods I'm no longer using manually one at a time.

Not true since each DLC assets get added to the base game for purposes of map transfers. Installing the DLCs are just maps.

I might believe that only the base game with no saved games, no mods, no extra maps, and no expansions installed could be 60 gigs. My Ark folder takes up three hundred and twenty-nine (329) GIGS right now, though.

A big problem I have is that when you "unsubscribe" from a mod/map, it doesn't actually remove the files from your mod folder. This causes the game to just keep growing the more mods/maps you try out. They seriously need to implement some sort of file cleanup system. As it stands, I have to periodically go in, look up the mod ids for each folder, then delete the mods I'm no longer using manually one at a time.

Archived