ARK 2 game suggestion!

Allanballan

Suggestion

ARK 2 game suggestion!

ARK 2

Hey everyone! So I’ve been thinking about an sequel for ARK and even come up with an idea for the game, when and if it ever happens.

Server setup will be a 225 clustered servers just as in Atlas.

**SPOILER ALERT**

The ARKs has been called home, we can see them land in the end of Extinction.

1 of the 225 servers is 1 unique map/area, as big as the old maps from ARK. The Ark domes that we know of such as Center, Island, Ragnarok, Valguero, Scorched Earth are all here.

Aberration was a malfunctioned ARK, Rockwell was killed or was he? We can still hear his voice in the  end of Extinction.

However, Aberration was so badly damaged when coming back to earth that it crashed (this follows the lore).

225 servers

On this HUGE map there will be many server squares (as in Atlas) filled up with the returning ARKs. But not all squares will have this luxury.

Some ARKS came back to its launching crater only to sink down or even crash. Some are overgrown, some are submerged! How you ask? In the part of Extinction we saw we can really see that the earth is dead due to the element. Extiction also have working domes. When some ARKs land in their craters, the land crumbles under them and reveal massive deep oceans beneath the earth’s crust (much like in Valguero).

Ok so now we have 225 servers and it’s a lot. While writing this I can see the square map from Grapeshot Studios ATLAS in my head. Just to give you an idea of how I see it.

Imagine 225 squares being the map, all connected. As we saw when we beat Extinction all ARKs were called home, but in between the craters where the arks landed there were a lot of land to be honest. So imagine in between the domes the land being both corrupted (all corruption is not gone yet) and ‘’Abberrated’’ because of the Aberration ARK dome crash. So when stepping out of 1 of the actual Arks you gotta be extremely careful. Aberration has infected the earth and is in a heavy fight with the corruption and in between there's you.

These servers between the ARKs should not allow flyers or maybe but in a very limited way. Instead we will have to get to the ARK domes by foot, but when we reach it we can download some creatures, even this should be limited as I personally do not think that all dinos should be playable everywhere. There should even be a timer until you're allowed to download another dinoso that you carefully need to consider what you download. 

Sky ARKs

Arks that only contain flyers and some predators that hunts them, if you want 1 that’s where you have to go. When you enter these flyer ARK domes you see humongous crevice that you will have to climb using your climbing picks and then you need to fly between floating islands with your glider to get through the map. The bigger the bird the farther and higher you have to go.

More birds have to be added and there can be specific flyer domes for the harder to get and more powerful birds/dragons.

Cave Arks

Much like Aberration map.

Overgrown ARKs

Much like the forest biome in Extinction but with more life and more lush.

Submerged Arks

ARKs that landed properly but the earth’s crust crumbled beneath them revealing an whole new underwater biome merging with the ARK dome.

Mech ARKs?

Mechanized Arks with achievable mech suits or exoskeletons for further adventuring in the deep and in the more dangerous biomes/land.

Tek ARKs

A dome full of tech stuff.

This is all for the diversity in the game.

Level and achievement requirements on some END GAME ARK domes.

I also believe that we need to have a level  & achievement requirement on some of the ARK domes to be able to enter. Bigger and better dinos shall be in these ARK domes. This gives the player a goal to work against.

Outside of each dome we can see Abberated and corrupted lands, Ark domes and destroyed ARKs, submerged, overgrown even sky arks.

Poison, Oil, sulfur, gas and liquid metal lake/rivers, all these should be interactable and harvestable and have lurking threats around them or even within. Imagine having to go down into the bottom a poison lake with special gear to harvest some rare resource down there, maybe there is even something lurking in the lake to stop you?!

I like to see gas clouds, acidic stuff with minimum protection available. Acidic storms as in Survival of the Fittest, only shield domes can protect. I’d even like to see more kind of weather maybe some radiation storms etc etc.

Even some arks maybe don’t have a crater to land on but some kind of a mechanized platform? This would be so cool.

I would even like to see more survival mechanics.

Tek stuff should not be allowed in some ARK domes and the abberrated/corrupted land around them.

I am also aware of the cleansing after the Extinction dlc. Maybe some of it malfunctioned if not the whole process.

All ''old'' Bosses that we have seen so far should be available in their respective ARK dome.

Just some thoughts from me what I would like to see in ARK 2

Tell me what you think.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived