Some info for everyone on PvP servers.

Usuallyafk

Disclaimer- All of this information, Wardrum is aware of. 95% of this post is for the very small amount of people left on this mobile port.

I am on the server Cannon medium pvp. Multiple tribes have been banned or dev wiped for things (without warning) that do not make any sense to me or anyone else. Without rambling on I will explain simply, as it will maybe help if you plan on playing at a high level.

I have played since mobile ark was released & 3 years on PC prior. On this map, it is very common to build on blue obelisk, as it is a great location. Almost every server will have a base blocking the terminal from use ect, as expected. An American tribe I knew, had their base wiped (without warning) by Wardrum for apparently "blocking the terminal for use". Yet everyone knows this is allowed and it's going on at every other server. When they asked in the ark mobile discord, nothing was answered. They all quit ark mobile.

Another situation that just happened is my Korean alliance tribe, who lived in a small underwater cave, were all just banned without warning. Losing tons of premium items & amber that was bought. The Main Korean tribe at volcano reported them for apparently using glitched dinos? Which I am very confused about because all they did was revive a stolen implant, and tamed their dino. Which everyone is under the assumption that this is 100% allowed. 

Few days prior to this my Korean ally that was banned, was exploited by their reporters using Tuso through cave walls. They tried to file a report with screen shots and sent emails. No one has heard anything back from Wardrum and they have lost everything without explanation. 

I know people who have been permanately banned for non racist,  non life threatening language, without warning. This is happening constantly on most PvP servers. It's as if whoever sends more false reports is the winner of the server dominance. I could go on for days of more garbage server management but I will spare you.

TLDR: Management of Ark Mobile is a complete disaster. Basically stealing players money.

Screenshot_20190414-142732_ARK_Survival_Evolved_50.jpg

This quetz that was raised by someone else. I got the implant, built pen, revival platform, knocked it, balm and kibble. Every high level tribe does this. I killed it off now though as I guess it seems "suspicious". But how are we supposed to know what suspicious with this is?! Other tribes implant revival just needs removed since they can't seem to get any of it right. No one is doing this....its the coding.

Screenshot_20190416-232152_ARK_Survival_Evolved_60_1_74.jpg

11 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

This quetz that was raised by someone else. I got the implant, built pen, revival platform, knocked it, balm and kibble. Every high level tribe does this. I killed it off now though as I guess it seems "suspicious". But how are we supposed to know what suspicious with this is?! Other tribes implant revival just needs removed since they can't seem to get any of it right. No one is doing this....its the coding.

Are you saying that when you revive it that its stats change to the better? and therefore is an exploit?  I have tried to pin down an answer to the wardrum staff on how to tell if you have  an exploited tame, but I cannot get an answer.  I believe that they have to go into the coding to see the base stats and level ups on an individual bases, and if the base stats have been manipulated.  If they have been, then the whole tribe is banned.  I do not believe there is a for sure way to tell outside of this. 

Yeah I have no idea. I know whole tribes are being banned for this, even when they didnt think they did anything wrong. Sometimes the stats will change slightly, sometimes drastically. But like you said, its coding....its their mistake.....and while tribes are being banned for it without warning. Being completely oblivious to what they did.

Couple of things here.

First you are correct that reviving stollen implants should be valid, this is part of the fun on pvp. The issue is that there is a known tame bug that i suspect is also affecting these and that sucks. However per wardrum the first action for bugged tames is just a wipe, if it happens again they get the ban so there is supposed to be some warning.

Second, general incident reports are processed and handled much faster than picture ones so there is going to be a 7-10 delay on picture reports sadly.

Last, cant wait until they fix the tame glitch so we can be back to stealing implants. Until then id suggest not using stolen implants sadly.

We do report them. I have filed countless reports, we never hear back. But you are missing the point. As you said, it is a bug....whole tribes are being banned without warning or explanation for things like this. Then the ones doing actual exploiting....nothing happens. Brutal server dinos are very different,  so is unofficial. This is about official servers.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:02 PM, Usuallyafk said:

Just to add to this post. These are floating turret towers, which is done with a quetz platform exploit. Another report I have filed and heard nothing. 

Screenshot_20190420-222955_ARK_Survival_Evolved_50.jpg

They are aware of this and currently do not take action against any one using it from my understanding. As a result floating structures are a valid build option though i hesitate to use them as if/when they fix them you just wiped yourself.

Try reporting the tribe again and then use the ask the team discord channel to follow up on it. Wardrum does a great job of trying to stay connected with tbe community there. 

Archived