Is it wise to add the S+ Mod right now?

choroni

I do single player and I've never used any mods.  However, because of the recent Homestead update, I've become much more aware of the advantages of the Structures Plus mod and I'd really like to use it.  However, the Homestead update has been a clumsy process to say the least and I've seen multiple posts describing players losses and frustrations who were previously using the Mod due to conflicts with the official update.  Would it be best to wait for a while before I try Structures Plus for the first time?

3 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

Ugh, I don't see why not. Official servers get more building pieces to play with now. I'm ready for another S+ integration.

Thank you for your response.  I guess I'm concerned about conflicts between the mod and the game.  I don't want to invest a lot of time into building and find it all destroyed because of an update, however I'm tired of the limitations of the basic game's building options.

Just back up your save periodically and it's fine. (Copy your active .ark file into another folder for storage, that way if something breaks you can delete the problem file and replace it with the old one to restore your game.)

Tbh the vanilla game lacks in a lot of ways. S+ is still incredibly useful even after the integration as there are still many things the mod does that the update doesn't. There are a lot of conveniences S+ offers that are particularly nice for us on SP as it really cuts down on the amount of maintenance/upkeep which is really tedious without tribemates to share the work.

You can always test it out on a map you're not actively playing on and then decide if you want to use it in your main file or not. If you don't you can remove it.

Archived