Fan Dossier: Ornitholestes Abhorrens

SirHaloMaster

Common Name: Ornitholestes

Species Name: Ornitholestes Abhorrens

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Skittish

Wild: The Ornitholestes Abhorrens is an odd looking creature that obtains a reputation as the the Ark's primary scavenger. These small bipedal dinosaurs will quietly watch fights between creatures from the a safe distance, eagerly waiting for one of the combatants to fall, providing a healthy meal for the carnivores.

Ornitholestes are well known for their amazing sense of smell, which they use to locate newly desceased animals and then rapidly make their way towards the carcass, and will appear to be oblivious towards anything whilst they are heading to their feast.

Naturally, the irritating Meganeura are another common scavenger on the island, competing with Ornitholestes for food. As a result, the Ornitholestes Abhorrens have developed a biological chemical in their body, which acts as a sort of bug repellent, and oozes through their skins, warding off any nearby insects. This repellent allows the Ornitholestes to feed undisturbed and in peace.

Domesticated: It is very common for tribes to seek out Ornitholestes for taming, as their presence is helpful in deterring insects such as Meganuera and Titanotyrma, the Ark's natural pests. Therefore, domesticated Ornitholestes are commonly seen accompanying tribes in hunting parties or acting as chemical guards around bases to prevent any unwanted insectoid guests.

35 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Interesting idea...

Would this 'bug repellent' chemical also be able to be used to tame creatures like Araneo and Onyc?

I just realized that I only mentioned Meganuera and Titanotyrma, however I meant to include the fact that the repellent would also effect ALL creatures that are normally effected by the player crafted bug repellent, so yes, it could therefore be used to tame Araneos and Onyc :) I was also thinking that it could possibly be extracted from the Ornitholestes as either the normal bug repellent or perhaps a stronger form, but idk ?

Archived