Resetting my single player map

Ivohnix

Hey all,

So my first foray into Ark led to stupid camps everywhere plus my resource spawns are screwed due to the "log out before resources respawn" bug. I'm spread thin on resources and organization.

I want to reset my map and clean everything up... No more scattered bases, resources are back, etc, but I don't want to lose my gear and best dinos.

Would this work?

- upload survivor, dinos, and gear at the pylon

- log out

- clear map data

- lower resource spawn timers

- download survivor

- run to pylon and download dinos and gear

- profit

I'm on xbox btw.

Thanks

I know for a fact that you will still have your survivor if you do this and then delete the world, but in all honesty I'm not entirely sure about the items. I would lean more towards saying yes, that should work out, because things uploaded to the Obelisks are sort of in a transcendental state and exist outside of individual worlds. Do know that there is a limit to how many items and dinos you can upload to an Obelisk at any one time, so make sure you're comfortable with the items you choose to save.

Simply copy the map save (assuming you on PC) before trying - and if its a mess up, copy your "save" back in to retry.

...\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal\TheIsland.ark and LocalPlayer.arkprofile

...\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\RagnarokSavedArksLocal\Ragnarok.ark and LocalPlayer.arkprofile

Or whatever map you on.

Archived