WC, the greatest company in the world.

MarkMartin

Hey there people.

I imagine Wildcard/Snail games are finished with Ark. They are now focusing on their next game:  ̶A̶r̶k̶ ̶D̶L̶C̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ Atlas. I've seen many other indie companies work very hard on their games, games that failed. But Wildcard is a very special company, because the only thing they have done with Ark is milking it to the death. The game was full of players two years ago, now it's playerbase is kinda dead... 90% of unofficials are 0/70. The other 10% dont get to 30 players. The official panorama is more or less the same. From releasing a DLC in early access to releasing a DLC as a full fledged game because they wouldn't get any money with it. The amount of amateur programming is inmense and plagues the game. Im talking about 10 gb updates that are worth 1gb of content. Im talking about meshing. Im talking about loosing dinos, characters. Im talking about managarmrs... This kind of stuff would be tolerable if the game was in its early access days. But the game has been released on august 2017. I imagine that WC doesn't want more experienced programmers because that would cost money. Even with this game being one of the top 10 selling games on steam, they dont want to spend money in making it P̶l̶a̶y̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ better. And this is such a shame because the ideas they had with this game are simply awesome. A desert map with Wyverns, gargantuous Deathworms, frickin giant mantises, or a Radiation map with Basilisks, avatar style zones, Giant crabs, and a cave map. I really like Ark, but I won't buy any game related in any way to Wildcard or Snail games.

Just look at Atlas... Or might I say the lost OCEAN map planned for Ark.

Archived