Blue screen and freezes ARK only

saywut

Just started playing ark again after a 6 months break, bought my own server to play with 3 friends and ive been getting BSOD and freezes to where the game completely freezes up and becomes unresponsive. The Blue screen is " kernel mode heap corruption ". Ive actually never had a blue screen ever til yesterday while playing ark, its happened about 4 times and about 10 freezes to where i have to task manager close the game completely out and restart. Basic PC specs are i7 4790k  1060 6gb 16gd ddr3 ram 1tb evo ssd playing at 1080- 144hz

Ill try rolling back my driver, but you must agree that it is ridiculous to have to roll back my driver to an almost 4 month old driver just because wildcard can't make it stable enough... Im running a Ryzen 5 2600X and a GTX 1080, I should have no problems running this but it is just very poorly optimised.... I think i have tried this fix in the past though and it didn't fix it then but i will try again now.

Read the issues & updates from nvidia 417.35 game ready driver (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1087504/geforce-drivers/official-417-35-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-12-12-18-/)

Its a driver issue that has been there since 400.xx

I myself use a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and had that problem aswell. I managed to fix it by rolling back to the driver 399.24. Not a single crash or bsod since then.

If you can live without the latest drivers I recommend to roll back to 399.24 until it gets fixed by either WC or NVIDIA.

Archived