Downed Quetz In My Base

Bush84

I have a topic about quetz spawns but felt like this required its own topic. In my previous game I came across high level quetz quickly and accidentally at that. So I really didn’t have to work at it. When that game crashed I was back to square one. In my new game I hadn’t seen any quetz. So it was time to grind. After meandering the map it seemed that the red orb was still best. Unfortunately I had to grind it out to find a good one. I must have easily killed 40 quetz. The quality has dropped it seems. Level 10-40 was common. I came across a 210 and figured close enough but it went down in the river north of the redwoods and drowned. After a bit more quetz slaughter I came across a 270. Great!  I am using the solo argy strategy. My argy is faster than in my previous games. Over 150%. So the ride was quite a bit more bumpy. I have a good ascendant longneck so it shouldn’t take that many shots it was just a bit more difficult to land shots as my argy was always right on top of it and I was bumping all over the place. I eventually end up in the redwoods. I have a treehouse in the north central redwoods with a walled area under. I’m realizing that the quetz is heading straight for my base and I’ve already nailed it quite a few times. Sure enough it goes down right into my base. It was inches from landing on my treehouse platform. Literally it’s head and wing hit my treehouse. I took screenshots but not sure how to post them here.  Easiest quetz tame ever.  I got 100% taming effectiveness. With that and the quetz taming pursuit I now have a max speed quetz with a good healthy weight. Crazy morning. 

Archived