What DLC content is allowed in mods?

soepie7

So, I know that you are not allowed to rerelease a DLC map as mod, but you are allowed to use some of its contents, such as resource nodes and creatures. However, for three things I was wondering if I would be allowed to use them in my map:

1. Creature Dossiers (but not the other explorer notes)
  2. Manticore Arena
  3. Rockwell Arena (without the cutscene afterwards)

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

All three of those are okay to do. The only thing that isn't allowed is re-releasing the paid DLC maps as free mods.

Man, that's amazing! I really liked the design of those arenas, but other modders made it sound like it was not allowed, but they were not entirely sure. They thought that the specific rule was that you could not use the level files, meaning that a small section of the map would also not be allowed.

And of course, I would not re-release a paid DLC map. It's just that I really like those arena designs!

I already am planning some changes. I want the arenas to be in the map itself instead of in an instanced area, just like the Titans on Extinction. Therefore I need to make changes so that every arena can be properly walked in and out of, and is actually build in the world.

Broodmother and Rockwell, for example, don't have a way to get in their arena, and the Manticore arena would leave every non-flyer trapped.

Besides that, I am the kind of person who would keep going over already completed work. More and more changes would be made to the arenas, making them more unique every time.

Archived