augmented kibble Point of the Augmented Kibble??

ShayeRyan

I'm trying to understand something about the new kibble system. As an example: the Snow Owl will accept kibble from 7 different dinos as well as the Superior Augmented kibble and they all tame at the same efficiency and take the same amount of time but the Augmented kibble has a more complicated recipe requiring harder to obtain resources. What is the upside of the Augmented kibble?

For example, Allo kibble will tame the Owl with the same amount of kibble at the exact same efficiency. But Augmented kibble requires prime jerky instead of just cooked prime, and also requires sap and mushrooms...

http://www.dododex.com/taming/snowowl

The conclusion I came to is they will eventually be doing away with the regular kibble system all together and Augmented kibble will be the only kibble system?

PS I understand that augmented kibble will help with the tame cap issues but that is not the point of this post.

That is all...

Right now the only creatures that can take augmented kibble are on Extinction and all the new dinos there can take it now according to dododex.

What's really weird is there is no mention of augmented kibble in any of the release notes. Seems strange considering kibble is such a major part of the game. I still just don't see the point of the augmented yet unless they're planning to completely overhaul the kibble system.

Augmented Kibble won't fix the issues with kibble, unfortunately. As long as kibble is tied to a resource that is best gathered from tamed dinos, the kibble farms will never stop, and the tame caps won't see a significant change. If hoarding tamed dinos is the best way to get kibble, that is exactly what people will do, regardless of how it effects server stability.

Archived