New Creatures and their utility/uses

Migol

So we know most (all?) of the new creatures but not what they do, listing what I've seen below, feel free to correct me if I'm missing something since there's been a machine-gun barrage of leaks, streams etc.

1) Enforcer - 4-legged robot, Assembled from parts/blueprints (mostly from killing "wild" enforcers).    Works with the Scout, can teleport short distances.   I believe I remember it climbing in the original announcement similar to a rock drake, though it might have been coming up a steep out of sight ramp.

2) Gasbags - Tameable, giant caterpillar-esque (worth noting: insects are generally unbreedable).     Can inhale air to float/fly, can also knock things back.    Might be able to transport loads back to base without a rider (can't find evidence).   Shown eating bushes, might be a good berry collector?

3) Scout - flying robot, thrown like a grenade to activate and can be put back into portable item form.    Flies and marks things, assumedly can id targets for the Enforcer to attack.     Not sure if it can see wild dino levels (we can hope!).

4) Velonasaur - Mobile turret dino, similar to a Raptor.  Fires needles in aoe or straight.     Can be put on "turret mode" without a rider.   Ark Wiki claims the needles "heal" allies.    If true and scalable (probably melee%) it's utility might go through the roof as a boss dino, superior to the (limited range and food hogs) Daedons.     Will probably be a good base defense turret that doesn't consume bullets.

5) Gacha - Rocky Raccoon Slothy Ape thing.    It functions like an actual Gacha in that you give it an item, it will slowly grow a crystal as it transmutes the item into something else.   When the crystal breaks off, you can collect it and crack it open for the new item.     Video showed it breaking stone, and it has stone growing on it, might be a replacement for the doedicurus/anky/both?

6) Managarmr - New Wyvern like creature.   Not much is known, rumored to fly and swim?     Would theorize that egg stealing instead of taming would be the idea here.

7) Snow Owl - An owl with antennae.   Not much is known, probably in the blue obelisk's snow biome.    

8.) Titans - (not so) Mini bosses you can tame, for a set period of time similar to the titanosaur.   

9) Tek Mek - Assemble this to fight the Titans/final boss?

10 hours ago, Migol said:

6) Managarmr - New Wyvern like creature.   Not much is known, rumored to fly and swim?     Would theorize that egg stealing instead of taming would be the idea here

In some parts of the Ice Titan video you can see something that is most likely the Managarmr, it seems to me to be more like a Rockdrake in shape and due to its "Corruption" it can fly instead of glide. It did seem to be very nimble while controlled by a player, as the one in the vid was player controlled as he tried to stay out of the video but failed to do so :P

Archived