Getting ready for Extinction

jq715

I play alone, I have different characters for each map. I thought new map and everyone starts over again. 

Do I have to join somewhere to make a online character to level up and spawn in or can I just use one I already have? I like the idea of new map, new player, try and survive with nothing again, not download and spawn in a existing player with everything needed unlocked already

If you've only ever played Offline/single player it would be best to play on PVE servers, ive played Ark for many years on console and now i play pc.

You can get some quick levels on Official servers by grabbing Survivor notes and get your first set of engrams nice and fast.

Starting off on any server is difficult and you will die a lot it just happens :/ but as soon as you get a little base up and get bow, narc arrows and some narcotics and get a few tames going you will be set, starting over is always difficult.

Was a little easier for me coming to PC from Console Ark because of knowledge, Knowledge makes anything easier :)

52 minutes ago, jq715 said:

I play alone, I have different characters for each map. I thought new map and everyone starts over again. 

Do I have to join somewhere to make a online character to level up and spawn in or can I just use one I already have? I like the idea of new map, new player, try and survive with nothing again, not download and spawn in a existing player with everything needed unlocked already

Single player files can't transfer to the same servers as online, but on day 1 on official you can only transfer characters, If you make a character now you can hit 100 easy its 2x Weekend.

Thanks for all the advice. I will look into more tonight and make a new player. Ive got quite some time playing, just so easy to get lost and half the day pass by while playing. I got the game in beta and we fell in love. Getting pretty familiar with the maps and locations as well. I do have a few bases out somewhere I just cant find but that was before I built a bed or sleeping bag in everything.

Just recently my son figured out admin controls, i've been keeping them a secret to not kill the game but he figured it out. Getting close to the tame limit now, kinda funny tho, if he sees it he like dad, ima force tame that. 

Archived