This Is How Clueless Wildcard Support Is

SubjeqtZero

I opened 3 support tickets when v777 messed up Player Dedicated servers because they kept closing them and marking them "Solved".  I'll post the conversations below. 

The first 2 responses to a ticket are always copy/paste.  I don't think they even read the ticket before responding.  It's always "I'll pass this along", then "I'm not on the development team".

The last response to the second ticket that I opened was on the day that the v778 update was released.  I had specifically asked if the update was going to have a fix for the render/disconnect issue...nothing...on the day the update was released...didn't have a clue.

Since the update was released a day late for Win10 and my second ticket had been closed, I opened another ticket.  I didn't get a response until yesterday.  So it had been almost a week since v778 was released and fixed the issue, but apparently the "Support" department still doesn't know this.

This is my first ticket:

REQUEST #981553 BASES NOT RENDERING PLAYER DISCONNECT

SubjeqtZeroSeptember 19, 2018 16:30

Since the update, my player dedicated Ragnarok server hosted on Win10 is unplayable.

Players with bases in The Highlands and Viking Bay can't play. Their bases don't render in and they get disconnected shortly after joining.

I have the biggest base on the map and have no problems, but I'm at Upper Hidana, so it the problem seems to be location specific.

I went to help one of the players whose base is in Scotland Waterfall Cave to see if I could drag his body out of the area so he could spawn in without disconnecting and I got disconnected. When I spawned back in, I could see dino names around me, but the screen was black and I would disconnect after a few seconds. Another player had to drag me out of the area so I could spawn in properly.

I read that they are working on a fix, but that was 18 hours ago and nothing since. They also said it was a server-side fix, but I don't see how that will help people with player dedicated servers.

SubjeqtZeroSeptember 21, 2018 17:28

Hello?

DazeSeptember 27, 2018 19:00
    Hello Survivor, 

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am GM Daze and I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your game. As a fellow survivor, I know how frustrating it is to encounter issues like this while trying to survive. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will be reporting this to the development team so they can hopefully find a solution to resolve this issue in the future. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.  

Sincerely,

GM Daze
    Studio Wildcard
    http://www.studiowildcard.com/

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password.

Note: If your ticket status is pending (you have not responded to us) for over 5 days, it will automatically be set to solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to the ticket and it will open it back up. This process is automated and not done by the GM.

SubjeqtZeroSeptember 27, 2018 20:29

The developement team already knows about the issue. They had to apply a hotfix to Official and Nitrado servers immediately after the v777 update came out.

When are we going to get a client update that fixes this issue for Player Dedicated servers?

DazeSeptember 28, 2018 13:58
    Unfortunately, since I am not on the development team I do not have access to that information. I recommend that you keep your eyes on the patch notes and forums for updates and more information on when this issue may be resolved. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future. 

Sincerely,

GM Daze
    Studio Wildcard

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password.

Note: If your ticket status is pending (you have not responded to us) for over 5 days, it will automatically be set to solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to the ticket and it will open it back up. This process is automated and not done by the GM.

SubjeqtZeroSeptember 28, 2018 15:04

That’s ridiculous. You work for the developers. You get paid to represent the developers. If you can’t speak to the developers and find out when or if they are going to fix functionality that v777 broke, then I would like a refund. I purchased a second copy of the game so that I could host my own server, as is advertised by Wildcard, and that is no longer possible since the update. Please stop playing dumb and do your job, or refund my purchase.

DazeOctober 01, 2018 14:30
    Unfortunately, at this time, Customer Support does not process refunds. You will need to follow one of the below links and follow their refund guidelines to submit a refund request.

Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966

Microsoft/Xbox: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpReturnsRefundsPage/

Playstation: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/store---transactions/payments---refunds/playstation-store-cancellation-policy/

Hopefully this was able to answer your question. Should you have any other non-billing related concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Take care and have a great day!

Sincerely,

GM Daze
    Studio Wildcard

Second ticket:

REQUEST #990180 PATCH FOR V777 UPDATE

SubjeqtZeroOctober 01, 2018 14:49

Since the v777 update, my Player Dedicated server is unplayable. The update broke the game.

The development team knows about the issue, because they had to patch Official and Nitrado servers almost immediately after the update.

When are we going to get a client side update for Player Dedicated servers?

FuryOctober 09, 2018 18:27
    Hello Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am GM Fury and I’ll be addressing your issue today. I have let the development team know about this issue, and they are working diligently to hopefully resolve this issue for you. Unfortunately, since I am only customer service and not on the development team, I do not know when this could be possibly fixed. I would suggest that you keep your eyes on the upcoming patch notes and the forums to see when this may be fixed! I will be providing you a link that you might find helpful below. I would like to thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us and for being such an active member in the community. It is great to have so many Survivors that are willing to assist us. Do you have any other questions or concerns for me at this time? 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/5-changelog-patch-notes/

Sincerely,

GM Fury
    Studio Wildcard

SubjeqtZeroOctober 09, 2018 18:52

Has there been any discussion as to whether or not this issue is going to be fixed?

Why is the answer to every issue “Sorry, I’m not on the developement team”? I know you’re not on the developement team, but you work for Wildcard...the developer.

“Sorry, I’m not on the developement team” and pretending that you are ignorant is not customer support. The issue that I’m reporting is a known issue. There are multiple threads about it on your “Support” forum. Please don’t pretend that there hasn’t been any discussion as to whether or not it’s going to be fixed.

FuryOctober 10, 2018 14:39
    Thank you for getting back to me about your issue with this information. Unfortunately, since I am only customer service and not on the development team, I do not know when this could be possibly fixed. I would suggest that you keep your eyes on the upcoming patch notes and the forums to see when this may be fixed. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? Take care, and I am looking forward to hearing back from you in the near future! 

Sincerely,

GM Fury
    Studio Wildcard

SubjeqtZeroOctober 11, 2018 10:49

Thank you for the copy/paste response.

Are you saying that, as far as you know, there are no plans to fix this?

FuryOctober 12, 2018 15:24
    Since I am not on the development team I do not know when this issue will be fixed in game at this time. They are working diligently to resolve this issue so that it wont happen in game anymore. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? Take care, and I am looking forward to hearing back from you in the near future! 

Sincerely,

GM Fury
    Studio Wildcard

SubjeqtZeroOctober 13, 2018 11:27

From what I’ve read, this was also an issue on official and Nitrado servers after the v777 update, but they were patched almost immediately after the issue was discovered.

There’s an update coming out next week for Extinction Chronicles V. Is there going to be a client side fix for this issue in that update?

FuryOctober 16, 2018 19:10
    You will need to follow up with the patch notes for further information that you may require, as previously stated. As it seems that there are no other issues I could assist you with at this time, I will be closing this ticket. Please feel free to contact us again should you have any other questions or concerns in the future. Have a great rest of the day and keep on surviving!

Sincerely,

GM Fury
    Studio Wildcard

Third ticket:

REQUEST #1000105 BASES DON’T RENDER FOLLOWED BY DISCONNECT.

SubjeqtZeroOctober 16, 2018 19:22

Since the v777 update, my Player Dedicated server is unplayable. The update broke the game.

The development team knows about the issue, because they had to patch Official and Nitrado servers almost immediately after the update.

When are we going to get a client side update for Player Dedicated servers?

DazeYesterday at 18:36
    Hello Survivor, 

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am GM Daze and I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue in game. As a fellow survivor, I know how frustrating it is to encounter issues like this while trying to survive. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will be reporting this to the development team so they can hopefully find a solution to resolve this issue in the future. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.  

Sincerely,

GM Daze
    Studio Wildcard

SubjeqtZeroYesterday at 21:40

Thank you for the copy/paste response. I’m not sure how that’s supposed to help. It would probably be more helpful if you actually read what I wrote and responded to that instead of copying/pasting a generic response. Your response indicates that you are more interested in closing this ticket, which for some reason will say it’s solved even though you didn’t solve anything, than actually addressing and discussing the problem.

I know, you’re not on the development team. That was going to be your next response, right? News flash...you represent the development team!

• Eli locked this topic

Archived