Just a curious question more than anything!

My small server (one tribe/6 players) recently got everything we needed together to finally attempt the tek cave and ascend. Problem is, we didn't have much time left for the overseer fight once we cleared the cave, and it resulted in a very clutch moment where the overseer was on extremely low health but the timer was almost up aswell.
But it went into minus'... -15 seconds to be exact before the guardian was defeated and we got the full ascension as normal.

I can't find anything anywhere saying this was supposed to happen! It seems very odd, we thought maybe its a fail safe for if you get the overseer into the final stage but just can't make the 60 minute mark.

What do you guys think?

I did notice that when we did our run it got low on time since a few of us died early on, that the boss and drones went from Red(Alpha Difficulty) they switched to white once the timer changed over to the -negative timer. A tribemate had theory that maybe its an enrage timer, but i took 3 breaths from dragon form and it did not seem as the damage was increased.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, BasiliskBreedingPls said:

The timer for the overseer doesn't matter even if it runs outta time.

Is the timer just important for the cave stage, then? What is the point of having it otherwise?
I noticed that single player doesn't have a timer but multiplayer does.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:07 PM, XytalRiz said:

I did notice that when we did our run it got low on time since a few of us died early on, that the boss and drones went from Red(Alpha Difficulty) they switched to white once the timer changed over to the -negative timer. A tribemate had theory that maybe its an enrage timer, but i took 3 breaths from dragon form and it did not seem as the damage was increased.

So you got the negative timer too. Very strange. I didn't notice a colour change but we were sort of in a mad panic I suppose. A lot of us thought the timer running out would end the fight like it does with the standard bosses.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:35 PM, Savamther said:

Just a curious question more than anything!

My small server (one tribe/6 players) recently got everything we needed together to finally attempt the tek cave and ascend. Problem is, we didn't have much time left for the overseer fight once we cleared the cave, and it resulted in a very clutch moment where the overseer was on extremely low health but the timer was almost up aswell.
But it went into minus'... -15 seconds to be exact before the guardian was defeated and we got the full ascension as normal.

I can't find anything anywhere saying this was supposed to happen! It seems very odd, we thought maybe its a fail safe for if you get the overseer into the final stage but just can't make the 60 minute mark.

What do you guys think?

never ran out of time, as any ascension on official i did was with like 50+ other people...

Archived