How to find high lvl dire wolf?

spiderjockey4321

3 hours ago, spiderjockey4321 said:

I’m trying to get 2 perfect tamed dire wolves to breed but I can’t find any good levels to tame. Does anyone have any advice on how to find higher lvl dire wolves?

if you're on singleplayer, the Snow Cave is the best location to find a high level one, in this cave direwolf only respawn at high level (lv60-150).

note: this might be a glitch and probably gonna be fixed soon.

so the method is to kill one -> take the implant -> revive it -> tame it.

the upsides of this method is you will got a very powerful direwolf since the max wild level on SP is only 30 (except in the cave one). the downsides, there will be no taming effectiveness and you need to spent a few amber to revive the direwolf.

i don't know if this method will works on PvE or PvP server, i never tested it.

2 hours ago, jeckylim said:

if you're on singleplayer, the Snow Cave is the best location to find a high level one, in this cave direwolf only respawn at high level (lv60-150).

note: this might be a glitch and probably gonna be fixed soon.

so the method is to kill one -> take the implant -> revive it -> tame it.

the upsides of this method is you will got a very powerful direwolf since the max wild level on SP is only 30 (except in the cave one). the downsides, there will be no taming effectiveness and you need to spent a few amber to revive the direwolf.

i don't know if this method will works on PvE or PvP server, i never tested it.

Yeah I used this method to be honest, but keep in mind you are basically getting the high level but really bad stats, so get ready for breeding and imprinting over and over again till you get something decent.

1 hour ago, NeNe said:

Yeah I used this method to be honest, but keep in mind you are basically getting the high level but really bad stats, so get ready for breeding and imprinting over and over again till you get something decent.

The stats aren’t that terrible to be honest. The f1 gen for mine came out with 2000+ health and 300+ melee after imprinting. No mutations but still solid enough to do caves with some leveling. My only qualm is that the snow cave and swamp cave are nearly impossible to complete in single player without using this “glitch”/exploit.

• 2 weeks later...

There are maximum level limits placed on wild animals on the servers.  I have seen the exact numbers somewhere on this forum.  But those restrictions are removed in some of the caves.  It is not a glitch.  A good tame that can fit and turn in the cave is a good advantage, but make sure to stay on the tame if possible and be careful if it is following you.  Some of the caves are like jumping puzzles, which I am horrible at, and the tame can fall easily and you can lose it.  If you are a purest, the stats of the dire wolf may be bad, but if you are on an easy server, having a dire wolf twice as many levels as what you can get normally is a huge boost.

20 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

There are maximum level limits placed on wild animals on the servers.  I have seen the exact numbers somewhere on this forum.  But those restrictions are removed in some of the caves.  It is not a glitch.  A good tame that can fit and turn in the cave is a good advantage, but make sure to stay on the tame if possible and be careful if it is following you.  Some of the caves are like jumping puzzles, which I am horrible at, and the tame can fall easily and you can lose it.  If you are a purest, the stats of the dire wolf may be bad, but if you are on an easy server, having a dire wolf twice as many levels as what you can get normally is a huge boost.

The glitch is not their existence, it is the fact that they are tameable

Archived