Modding Tutorial Bounty Board

ZenRowe

• Wildcard Community

Are you looking for a particular tutorial on how to mod something in ARK and haven't been able to find one yet?

The Modding Tutorial Bounty Board is a way for both experienced and new modders to influence the kinds of tutorials the community produces. Submit a bounty request, and if it's added to the bounty board, Wildcard will offer a cash incentive for other mod authors to create a tutorial for it.

The bounties will have a cash value assigned to them, based on expected difficulty, when added to the board. Mod authors can make and submit their tutorials to me in order to claim these bounties and their cash rewards.

Submitting bounties:
If a tutorial you desire is not present on the bounty board, scroll down to the next post to find the submission form. Look in the dropdown to see if a request for the subject is already present and if so, select it and submit the form. When submitting the form with an option from the list, it increases the demand rating for that tutorial, I look at these ratings at the end of the month when I determine which requests to add to the board. If the subject you are looking for is not present in either the board or the drop-down, add it to the text entry and submit the form (Make sure the drop-down is set to "My desired tutorial is not listed" or your request will not make it onto the list.)

Complex requests may get split into multiple smaller bounties depending on the number of topics that would actually be covered by it. This increases the likelihood that all of the relevant information will actually get tutorials made as it no longer would require a single person to have all of the information.

Claiming bounties:
Mod authors who want to submit a tutorial to claim a bounty should send an email to ModProgram@studiowildcard.com, include a link to the tutorial and make the email subject line "Tutorial Bounty Claim: <bountyID>". Only the author of a tutorial can use it to claim the bounty.
I will review the tutorial to ensure that it satisfies the expectations of the bounty. In the event of multiple submissions for the same bounty, the tutorial of higher quality and clarity will claim the bounty.

Active Bounties:

Bounty ID Reward Topic
1001 $50 Moving PrimalItems between inventory components using the graph.
1003 $200 NPC Humans.
1005 $100 Altering Playable Character Animations.
1006 $50 Import rigged models and their animations to use as a new "dino".
1007 $200 Render targets: Singleplayer and dedicated, showing different targets for different players.
1010 $50 How to create and import animated meshes into the DevKit.
1011 $50 Altering the stack amounts of items, and their weight (making sure they work in crafting stations too)
1013 $150 Adding buildings using map extensions
1014 $100 Adding feather/fur planes to models
1015 $50 Using a graph to add\modify a structures look at HUD text

Claimed Bounties:

Topic Author Link
Graphs: Basics to advanced. Epic Blueprint Introduction
Blueprint Multiplayer
Chat Commands Tao Arkmodding - Chat Commands Mod
Tips & Tricks: Optimizing a map for better performance. Exilog Tutorial : Optimizing a map for better performance
Modding already existing animations. MrRadioactive Blender Tutorial: Change Animations
Getting and using class/object references from other mods. Xanjis Mod Compatibility and Victory Core
Changing weather on existing maps. Exilog Changing weather on existing maps.
Dynamic Structures Xanjis Dynamic Structures
Edited by ZenRowe
  • Like 3

• ZenRowe pinned and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Zen,

I know you probably won't read this because your busy and stuff, but I thought I had a good idea where if the community wants a new feature or TLC, they could post a bounty for the modding community where the community would develop mods and try to get the new content/feature added, and then we would get more of the things, like a meg TLC or something while wildcard works on crystal isles or something! This supports the modding community and makes the player community happy, and gets the devs stuff they want in their game!

• 1 year later...