Tek Teleporters on Ceilings?

Jodge322

Hi, I've been trying to place a tek teleporter on one of our bases and seem to have run in to an issue.. I've done quite a bit of building with tek but this is the first time I've place a teleporter on something besides foundations. I have a 10x10 area of ceilings on pillars (I know I only need an 8x8) and nothing appears to be obstructing the placement (no walls or rocks nearby). Is there a special trick to complete this? I know it is possible, I have a friend do it on his official server just earlier this year. To be fair, the ceilings are on pillars but part of the pillars peak through. Could this be the cause of the issue?

Any tips and tricks are welcome, thanks!

45 minutes ago, Jodge322 said:

Solution?

I wasn't super close to the blue obi terminal by any means but when I moved to the opposite side of it, the teleporter placed just fine.. so wondering if that was the issue. Anyway, if anyone else had this issue near a terminal, try moving further away.

I'm guessing it was because of the pillars sticking through? That's if it said it was getting obstructed. If it just said that you couldn't place the object there, I'd imagine you were too close to the ob; except that you shouldn't have been able to place the ceilings and pillars either. Sucks that you had to move it but at least it works now. 

I've only ever used the Structures Plus version of the Tek Transmitter but you can place that ANYWHERE - dirt ground outside your base to work as a boss terminal, no problem!

I play unofficial but Ragnarok is the first map I've used that blocks building at/around the Obelisks but had to move my normal build away from the blue obelisk as although got foundations down it wouldn't allow me to place the walls on the side closest the obelisk.  

Archived