Evo Event this weekend?

MoeJac

3 minutes ago, flamron said:

40 meat and one mushroom. Easy to make

that is HORRIBLY inefficient. at least by my goal. my goal is to reduce the weight of the result, 40 meat is gonna end up ridiculously heavy. my current recipe only requires 10 meat, effectively meaning that i'll be able to carry about 4x the amount that you can easily. im also thinking about making a new recipe this weekend thats going to be based on prime jerky because of how much better quality cooked prime is...and how much excess prime jerky i have

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

that is HORRIBLY inefficient. at least by my goal. my goal is to reduce the weight of the result, 40 meat is gonna end up ridiculously heavy. my current recipe only requires 10 meat, effectively meaning that i'll be able to carry about 4x the amount that you can easily. im also thinking about making a new recipe this weekend thats going to be based on prime jerky because of how much better quality cooked prime is...and how much excess prime jerky i have

Mine weighs like .1 lbs I think. I only carry 10 or so at a time. So 1lb. 

9 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

If you want efficiency, use eggs. Dodo being the easiest. One egg will give you a great food value. Pair that with a mushroom and it’ll probably double. 

unless the calculator on the wiki is very broken (or you're wrong about your recipe) yours weighs like .5 lbs so 5 lbs for a stack of 10. obviously thats not terrible (meat is pretty light) but every bit counts. ofc if you don't wanna go through the trouble of mindwiping to craft the custom recipe then you gotta deal with what you have and thats fair enough. i just prefer being as efficient as possible if im gonna make something permanent like that, 

10 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

unless the calculator on the wiki is very broken (or you're wrong about your recipe) yours weighs like .5 lbs so 5 lbs for a stack of 10. obviously thats not terrible (meat is pretty light) but every bit counts. ofc if you don't wanna go through the trouble of mindwiping to craft the custom recipe then you gotta deal with what you have and thats fair enough. i just prefer being as efficient as possible if im gonna make something permanent like that, 

I may be thinking of the other recipe that’s 20 raw meat and one mushroom - I use it more often since it makes double the amount of food.

We have a 102 crafting char with 1100%. crafting speed. So no problem there. I like easy recipes versus efficient. I don’t want to use jerky because when we run out of food, I’d have to make jerky. Raw meat is just fine. Our drink recipe is 5 lemons. I suppose this weekend would be a great time to make a bunch if we didn’t have a fridge full already. Lol

9 minutes ago, flamron said:

If you want efficiency, use eggs. Dodo being the easiest. One egg will give you a great food value. Pair that with a mushroom and it’ll probably double. 

eggs actually aren't very efficient. they provide alot of food stamina and health per egg, but they also add alot of weight. to put it in perspective a recipe that consists of a single egg will be twice as heavy as my current recipe while overall providing less food and healing. it'd be 3x (ish) as heavy as the recipe that im thinking about creating. while still being providing about 12-13% less in all categories. 

1 minute ago, flamron said:

I may be thinking of the other recipe that’s 20 raw meat and one mushroom - I use it more often since it makes double the amount of food.

We have a 102 crafting char with 1100%. crafting speed. So no problem there. I like easy recipes versus efficient. I don’t want to use jerky because when we run out of food, I’d have to make jerky. Raw meat is just fine. Our drink recipe is 5 lemons. I suppose this weekend would be a great time to make a bunch if we didn’t have a fridge full already. Lol

oh i agree i'll certainly be keeping hold of a raw meat recipe, as i said the biggest reason im thinking about using prime jerky is because i already have several stacks that im not actually using. but even still, there's no real benefit to having a recipe that provide more than 100 food/water. and there's not really a benefit (for PvE) to having a recipe that provides more than about 50 hp/stamina. so i prefer to focus on making a recipe thats as light as possible (without using annoying ingredients) that provides those values. 

2 minutes ago, flamron said:

Good to know. I’ve never done an egg recipe, just know that people use them. I don’t like eggs because if I run out, my recipe is no good. 

What is your current recipe if you don’t mind me asking?  And what crafting speed/quality of values do you get?

the recipe i have wasn't crafted by me, so idk what crafting skill it was made at, but its 10 raw meat and returns a little over 100 food my drink WAS crafted by me, but only at around lvl 50 i think, so it uses 100 azulberries for 100 water...im planning to update that too

16 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

the recipe i have wasn't crafted by me, so idk what crafting skill it was made at, but its 10 raw meat and returns a little over 100 food my drink WAS crafted by me, but only at around lvl 50 i think, so it uses 100 azulberries for 100 water...im planning to update that too

Give lemons a try. I toyed with quantities and 5 seems like a good balance. Could up it a little and toss in some stim berries if you wanted a bit more stamina. 

2 minutes ago, flamron said:

Give lemons a try. I toyed with quantities and 5 seems like a good balance. Could up it a little and toss in some stim berries if you wanted a bit more stamina. 

yeah advanced crops are the plan, and i agree lemons are probably what i'll use since i don't have a use for them atm. if my assumption of how this even will work i should be able to get a 1485 crafting skill which will allow me to hit 115 water with just 2 lemons and if i throw a mushroom in there that'll be a bit over 100 sta. 

4 minutes ago, Kazaryu said:

yeah advanced crops are the plan, and i agree lemons are probably what i'll use since i don't have a use for them atm. if my assumption of how this even will work i should be able to get a 1485 crafting skill which will allow me to hit 115 water with just 2 lemons and if i throw a mushroom in there that'll be a bit over 100 sta. 

also, for raw efficiency, giant bee honey gives decent in literally all categories and is SUPER light. but its also significantly more annoying to mass gather...

edit: looked at it again, its not really any more efficient for water than advanced crops. 

Archived