s+ S+ Can't place walls with fence support

Zahlea

I'm trying to get the S+ fence supports working for the first time. However, I can't seem to close up all the holes. I just get the message that it is obstructed. The bottom image shows the opening I'm trying to cover, and the top shows the same but from under the mesh (that there is nothing that could obstruct it). Is it not supposed to work? I had a theory of the incline being too steep... Or am I doing it wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/ORhFa

• Volunteer Moderator

4 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

I'm trying to get the S+ fence supports working for the first time. However, I can't seem to close up all the holes. I just get the message that it is obstructed. The bottom image shows the opening I'm trying to cover, and the top shows the same but from under the mesh (that there is nothing that could obstruct it). Is it not supposed to work? I had a theory of the incline being too steep... Or am I doing it wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/ORhFa

Do you have this in your game.ini?

• bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true

S+ no longer comes with collision turned off, and leaves it to each server owner to determine what they would like to allow.

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

Do you have this in your game.ini?

• bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true

S+ no longer comes with collision turned off, and leaves it to each server owner to determine what they would like to allow.

Thank you for your reply! That setting is set to false and I will try your suggestion next time I log in. I didn't think that'd be the problem as I can put walls where only a very small corner of them is sticking out of the ground. But I'm guessing that could just be it: if it's just a very small part of the construction, it'll pass while if it's closer to 50%, it would trigger the collision check. Either way, I'm very grateful for your help and hope that solves it! :D

Archived