Thoughts about the state of PvE and PvP

MackanMygga

As we all know, Ark was not originally designed to have a PvE Mode. Yet it did, and it came with a whole lot of issues.

You could say it's unfair to blame wildcard for the lag and other problems on PvE servers. Because they designed this game while thinking that bases will get destroyed, and animals will always die all the time on PvP. However this is not the case in PvE. Tribes just keep growing, but not decreasing, and because of this, all the land gets claimed by big tribes, so new players have nowhere to go. And server ping gets higher and fps gets lower everyday. This is certainly a problem, but since Wildcard actually never intended for Ark to even have a PvE Mode, you can't possible blame them, right?

But i don't agree with that honestly. Wildcard made the decision to add PvE into the game. And either they support PvE like they suggested they would, by adding it in the first place. Or they completely ignore it and let it stay broken, and screwing over their customers who didn't know that Ark was not designed for PvE.

So if it means screwing over their customers, honestly I'd rather have them remove PvE Official Server.

I think adding a disclaimer on PvE servers before joining, explaining that PvE is an inferior way of experiencing Ark. So that new players don't come in and is greeted to the mess that is Official PvE Servers.

I'm not saying this to make Ark look bad. It already is. I'm saying this to save it from continue looking bad.

Edit: I just wanna mention, that PvE is a fun mode, and it works. But not with 70 players or more, on the same server. Decreasing the player amount on a PvE server would greatly decrease a lot of the issues we are currently experiencing.

In my opinion, if you want to play Ark in PvE. The best way to experience it, is on a private server with your friends.

Agreed with your overall point Wildcard tacked on PVE to get more sales but it's obvious PVP is their favored mode, it's the reason for most of the big changes in the game. They like to say that a lot of what they have changed lately is better for everyone but to be honest they are either extremely out of touch or jjst lying outright to keep the poopstorms down. Unfortunately I think PVE and SP will always be second rate tacked on modes but let's hope they do better next time. I doubt it though.

Archived