My dedicated server will not save

19 hours ago, SurvivorMartin said:

In my windows 10 pc when I host are dedicated server after playing on it it will not save. Any ideas why? I tried saveworld and it does not work.

Yup All Xbox / Win 10 servers are failing to save on the Aberration map.  They just pushed out a patch on the Xbox to fix the issue but it hasn't shown up on Win 10 yet.  I, along with others, have asked @Jatheish for an update but so far they are silent.  :(

On 12/21/2017 at 3:48 PM, Trez said:

Yup All Xbox / Win 10 servers are failing to save on the Aberration map.  They just pushed out a patch on the Xbox to fix the issue but it hasn't shown up on Win 10 yet.  I, along with others, have asked @Jatheish for an update but so far they are silent.  :(

Sadly, it's not just the Aberration map that is failing to save on Win 10 dedi servers. Quite unfortunately, every single map (Hosted by WIN 10 play anywhere) in ark has this problem currently.   

It would definitely be nice to hear whats going on with this issue. We had to go back and host with a Xbox for the time being. On one of the ARK devs twitter pages (cant remember who) He claimed that when the patch was released for Xbox they were unaware that Win10 was experiencing issues and being that everyone was gone for the holidays the earliest a fix would pass cert with MS would be after the new year. If I can find the link I will post it, it may have been in this thread where I found the original link to the twitter feed.

There is a bandaid fix for this issue that a fellow user, Tforge, found and posted on page 6 of this thread:

Works for me and it seems at least one other person so I think it should work for any having the issue. It really is crazy to watch that file delete itself and to see it all you need to do is have that folder (referenced in the thread I linked) open and when you click HOST/LOCAL it literally deletes it right there. When you copy the file back in, before clicking on Run Dedicated Server, it then loads your save. Really is backwards and seems an easy enough thing to fix. I also made a quick script running on windows that backs that file up at 30 min intervals to another drive so I in essence have 30 minute backups now. Hope this helps, please share this thread with any other people or threads where you may see people having problems and lets hope WC fixes it soon.

It is working for me as well, not sure how I overlooked that post when I was reading through everything. It is a pain but at least I don't need to have both my XB1S & XB1X running anymore. One other thing you or another admin can do is "Cheat Saveworld" and then copy that file from the folder for a backup. Just make sure everything and everyone is in a safe place and not chilling in the air on a bird. It doesn't end well when you spawn back in. Also keep in mind that the server will autosave on its own every so often regardless, even if nobody has been on the server for the day. Best bet is to always copy the most current save file from the game folder to a backup folder of your choice before clicking on Host at the main menu. I have also had issues with it not saving the admin list on my server at times. The file that contains this info is AllowedCheaterLiveIDs.txt located in the following directory, If I add any new admins I make sure to make a copy of this file as well and after clicking "Host" I open the file to make sure everyone is still listed.  AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved 

Hopefully they fix this soon, seems like a rather simple fix. Almost like a mode the Devs had enabled during testing to auto wipe the saved map file. If it isn't fixed soon I will look into setting up a script to automatically backup the file overnight when most will be safe and offline.

Archived