Different mushroom uses

Danielnz00

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, JZhong said:

aquatic immunes  cold effect as well, once you step on the blue mushroom, its 100% lethal

I carry 25 stimberries, that keeps me from getting knocked out from the cold.  use 3 or 4 when at 30 torpor.  I then eat cooked meat to not die while iced.  It does about 250 HP damage, so having more than 250 HP means you won't die... assuming you don't stand in the iceshrooms.

28 minutes ago, Brayn said:

I carry 25 stimberries, that keeps me from getting knocked out from the cold.  use 3 or 4 when at 30 torpor.  I then eat cooked meat to not die while iced.  It does about 250 HP damage, so having more than 250 HP means you won't die... assuming you don't stand in the iceshrooms.

Why i feel it does much more than that. Should I wear fur armor cuz the cold effect is what kills me I think. After I step on it, the hp drains so fricking fast. And I need 80 aquatic mushroom to negate the debuff.

I have somewhere around 200+hp but the effect last much more than I can stand.

Am I doing it wrong?

49 minutes ago, JZhong said:

Why i feel it does much more than that. Should I wear fur armor cuz the cold effect is what kills me I think. After I step on it, the hp drains so fricking fast. And I need 80 aquatic mushroom to negate the debuff.

I have somewhere around 200+hp but the effect last much more than I can stand.

Am I doing it wrong?

I have 350 HP, 10 fort and wear primitive flak (so far) on AB.  It drops me to just below 100 HP and knocks me out 3 or 4 times over unless I eat the stimberries 4 at a time when I hit 30 torpor.  You can negate it entirely on large dinos or by wearing a hazmat suit.  I think it's a cool environmental hazard and can be easily avoided if you're aware of your surroundings.

I think the thing I love most about AB is that survival itself is a HUGE challenge, unlike other maps... even scorched.  I haven't gotten to the point where the PvE content becomes an afterthought like it does on Rag, Island or Center after 5-10 hours of play, or scorched after you get a decent set of upgraded gullie.  The map is HARD, it's SUPPOSED to be hard.  If it wasn't hard, everyone would move to it.

If you use a combination of the aquatic and the three mushroom thing you are actually immune to the cold spores and the three mushroom thing helps regen your food that the aquatic mushroom actually takes away from you.  Double protection and no death.  It's best to use it before you hit the cold spores though.  Like running through the blue zone or when mining the blue gems where they seem to hide. Worse case scenario spend the 20 in weight and keep a sleeping bag with you when you get caught off guard.  

11 minutes ago, Migol said:

Aquatic against cold, along with stimberries.

The (Aggervic?  3 brown ones) can be spammed to totally immune the hallucination.

Also you can use them to make mushroom soup to make your dinos immune to radiation, fairly important if you wanna "dive deep".

There is a mushroom that is like a stimberry just like the Ascerbic is like a narcoberry. 

Archived