Earthquakes a little too much?

Yoleska

Is it just me or after about 8 hours playing Aberration today, that the earthquakes are a bit much?  It would be great if this was a server side option that we could turn down the intensity or just turn off.  OR - if there was a chance to score cool loot instead of the 1 piece of wood or flint, that might make earthquakes more fun. 

As it is right now, whenever there's an earthquake my entire server erupts in anger and frustration - you can't build during an earthquake and the constant shaking is just annoying.   Yes, I tried turning down the "shake setting" in the settings, but that had no effect on the earthquake, only dinos stomping their feet. 

So far, on official, I've gotten a ramshackle simple pistol (fluke?), and lots of all of the following: obsidian, metal, red/blue/green gems, silica pearls, rare mushrooms, and every other possible resource.  From the limited experience I've had so far in various portions of the map, the more dangerous the area, the more and better the earthquake drops.

Archived