DUNGEONS AND DINOSAURS. Events and custom beacons! Casual yet challenging. X-ark

DUNGEONS AND DINOSAURS
Delve dungeons for loot, slay dinosaurs, feel epic

Note: settings found on bottom. I plan on having it on a cluster with additional maps ran the same way. Aberration is next! Owned and monitored by Forlorn Wolf (thats my GT, happy to answer Qs). To find the server, look for Dungeons and Dinosaurs in the Unofficial PC Sessions list on Ark. Map is Ragnarok & Aberration PvE.

Servers
Dungeons and Dinosaurs: Sword Coast (Ragnarok map)
Dungeons and Dinosaurs: Underdark (Aberration map)

Welcome! Enjoy a server that is very similar to the official 2x weekend events. This is a casual PvE server that provides just enough challenge that you will not get burned or stressed out or even become bored (like on those 10x servers with infinite weight). Supply beacons have been modified so loot is much better. No more scuba flipper blueprints in deep sea drops! But if you want the better loot then you will have to delve in to the dungeons. Once the coding is fixed the bosses will drop above-ascendant loot!

I host fun events for the server. Some have been recorded to Youtube, but all participants get something. Some events we ran so far are Terror Bird Drop, death arena, jousting, and even a fashion show! Winners receive awesome rewards, runner ups get some thing too. The winner of our first event, Terror Bird Drop, received a perfect 150 tamed Terror Bird, colored golden by admin commands, and given the full amount of experience points. Talk about a rare golden chocobo, haha.

Stay up to date with the server in the Xbox club Dungeons and Dinosaurs. Over 150 members! Post and discuss stuff on facebook.com/DungeonsAndDinosaurs. This is a freemium server, so you can donate and get awesome rewards at patreon.com/DungeonsAndDinosaurs.

I carefully consider each and every change to the server and for Patreon rewards. I made a server that I would want to play on, and everyone else loves it. The weekly events bring everyone together as well, and gives bored players something to work towards (such as breeding dinos for a race). I have been running the server since official release. The first two months were from a dedicated Xbox server.

Check out this amazing and accurate comment:

SETTINGS (if not listed, then it is on default)
Flying inside caves
Pick up wild dinos
Show player on map
Dinos damaged by spike walls
Floating damage text
Override structure platform prevention (turrets on platforms)
Extra structure prevention volumes (no building in resource-rich areas)
4x taming
2x xp killing, passive, harvest. All else 1.25x
Crop growth 5x, decay is 5x slower
Fuel 2x (twice as long)
Spoiling takes slightly longer
Double decay time before your stuff can be destroyed
Unbuilt structures decay faster (pillaring)
No building near obelisks and resource rich areas
Multiple Unicorns allowed, but still only one wild at a time
Eggs are laid twice as often
Player food and water drain is 0.8x
Structures take no damage (build for style now)

BREEDING
Anyone baby imprint cuddle (you can hire a babysitter now)
3x raising
0.5x breeding
0.75x baby food need
100x egg hatch speed

PLAYER STAT UP
1.5x health, weight, melee, speed

DINO STAT UP
1.05x health, melee
2x weight

ENGRAMS
Pteranodon saddle level 15
Tranq arrow level 15
Fabricator level 40
GPS level 40
Industrial cooker level 40
Scuba flippers level 40
Scuba leggings level 40
Scuba mask level 40
Scuba tank level 40
Air conditioner level 50
Industrial forge level 50
Refrigerator level 50
Tranq dart level 50
Giganotosaurus saddle level 85
Quetz platform saddle level 87
Riot set at 90
Titanosaur dino and saddle removed. Patreon only.

BEACONS
White beacons are kind of starter types as they contain spyglass, GPS, water jar, etc. Every type of drop is edited, with the deep sea and cave drops containing the best loot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, serisscweald said:

I might be interested, how do I get a hold of you for information?

@oguzhan too, My gamertag is Forlorn Wolf. That is the best way to contact me. You may also join the club Dungeons and Dinosaurs to get all the info you need. I will include my gamertag in the post, thanks for helping me notice I forgot.

If you want to play a server with friendly players and admins (active as well :O) join Dungeons and Dinosaurs, where the stats are at the right level to have fun without having to grind sooooooo much. I have only been playing on the server for a few days and im already addicted. With fun events that the admins host, anyone can win prizes.
Check out Dungeons and Dinosaurs, you wont regret it!

AWESOME SERVER! It's not every day I get excited about another server change. If you are like me, you have likely been bouncing around from server to server looking for the right fit. Well, I found my home on Dungeons and Dinosaurs. I personally don't like uber boosted servers. To me it takes the fun out of Ark. Don't get me wrong though. This server is boosted. But just a little bit in all the right spots. You have to still remain on your toes. But that's what Ark is all about. The custom supply drops are SWEET. You no longer skip over the green drops because they only contain useless crap. On this server, that's where I found my upgraded tools. There is obviously better loots in the higher drops, but all the drops are awesome now. The best part of Dungeons and Dinosaurs though, is the Admin. Yes, singular....Admin. And he alone is better than all of the multiple Admins on those other servers combined. Forlorn Wolf is truly amazing. He is willing to answer noobie questions, teach you building techniques that you may not know about, and assist with issues you have that arise. Literally all you have to do is send him a message and he will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes within minutes. If I had to describe his administrative abilities in just one word, it would be "attentive". Come give this server a try. Most everyone is helpful and want to make this community grow. The inevitable trolls aside that is. But they don't stick around long. 

11 hours ago, jr3x said:

So is it an xbox one server i can join also I did the survey on facebook:)

All are welcome. The survey was still up? Lol that is over a month old. It was for my players as to what changes they would like to see when I go to rental.

Yes, this is a Xbox server since it is in the Xbox dedicated section. Were the instructions not clear? The name of the server is Dungeons and Dinosaurs, same as the club. You just have to go to the Unofficial PC Session list and look for the name of the server: [US] Dungeons and Dinosaurs (events). Great player base as many have been with the server since September when it first released (but not its on rental). In fact, I found out that one streamer gives away breed level 230+ wolves to new players who follow him on Mixer! Events will start up again once the MotD thing is fixed.

11 hours ago, Plantrick said:

this server sounds great with a great community to back it how do I get in on it GT is PLANTRICK 

I sent you an invitation to the club. Were the instructions not clear? The name of the server is Dungeons and Dinosaurs, same as the club. You just have to go to the Unofficial PC Session list and look for the name of the server: [US] Dungeons and Dinosaurs (events). Great player base as many have been with the server since September when it first released (but not its on rental). In fact, I found out that one streamer gives away breed level 230+ wolves to new players who follow him on Mixer! Events will start up again once the MotD thing is fixed.

PERFECT SERVER! I have been on a lot of different servers in the past but none have shown any promises. After finding this server though a mutual friend, I have had no regrets on leaving. This server is boosted, But just a little in the areas that it needs to be to still make Ark more interesting and challenging. That is what Ark is all about, if you have a server that is boosted so much, to me that is not even worth it and it would become boring. The custom supply drops are SWEET though. If you are looking for a great server that has a great community and Awesome Admin, Please make this your Home. The community is great and its easy to make conversation as everyone is eager to help when they can. The admin to me is the most organized individual I've met and is very good at keeping his server thriving. With the Local Events and Reward programs, this is a great place to make a living, so to speak. Dungeons and Dinosaurs is my Home! Thank you Forlorn Wolf.

Great Server to learn and grow! After seeing players could host their own servers, I began the hunt to find one to get a better grasp on the game and have fun. Being my first server play outside of Arks own games I have overly enjoined the game so much more. The settings make it a little easier to do certain aspects of the game, such as the drops and increased tame rates! I am also looking forward to the events. I flew over the Events area and it looks epic. Lots of different things. Arena, jousting type area and more. The people are also a big help, as everyone that is established is more than willing to offer help and tips to get you going.  I plan on staying for awhile and I look forward to seeing how the server grows and develops!!

16 hours ago, WarBux716 said:

Great Server to learn and grow! After seeing players could host their own servers, I began the hunt to find one to get a better grasp on the game and have fun. Being my first server play outside of Arks own games I have overly enjoined the game so much more. The settings make it a little easier to do certain aspects of the game, such as the drops and increased tame rates! I am also looking forward to the events. I flew over the Events area and it looks epic. Lots of different things. Arena, jousting type area and more. The people are also a big help, as everyone that is established is more than willing to offer help and tips to get you going.  I plan on staying for awhile and I look forward to seeing how the server grows and develops!!

And do not forget: many players on the server been playing on it since September when I started hosing it out of my Xbox. So it comes with a dedicated player base and an experienced admin :)

Archived