• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Animellarex said:

Player exclusive join list

Is there a way to add players to the PlayersExclusiveJoinList through an ingame command so that there is no need to restart the server every time a new player is added to the whitelist?

Anyone know?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

You might check out the AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck command.  You will need to know their numeric Steam ID.

Note, I have never tried this, so I am not sure if/how it works.  

18 hours ago, Jerryn said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

You might check out the AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck command.  You will need to know their numeric Steam ID.

Note, I have never tried this, so I am not sure if/how it works.  

I have looked in to the AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck  but I think this command gives the players admin privileges - which I don't want to happen. Unless I am understanding it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Animellarex said:

I have looked in to the AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck  but I think this command gives the players admin privileges - which I don't want to happen. Unless I am understanding it wrong.

If anyone can confirm whether or not the AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck  gives admin privileges, would really appreciate it!

• 11 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 3:14 AM, Animellarex said:

If anyone can confirm whether or not the AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck  gives admin privileges, would really appreciate it!

I know this is a year old but... NO it does NOT give admin ability. What it does is allows the steamID's listed to join without using a password and to also join if the server is full. Many hosting companies use this option for admins that want to whitelist their servers however it's a cheap easy way and not the best as it allows them to join even when the server is full (which hosts don't want since you generally pay for a set number of slots). If hosting on your own server, it's an ok method. I still prefer PlayersExclusiveJoinList however despite having to manually edit the file and restart the server (I get around this by having automatic restarts and telling the people added that they will be able to join after the next restart in X hours).

Archived