Official or unofficial servers?

JustSam

In my opinion unofficials can be much better. You should try out a few befor you settle down. One thing thats important for me is that they have a communitation platform like discord and are talking about the plans for the server and respont quickly to problems with the server.

Actualy a lot of unofficials are much better in this regard then officials.

47 minutes ago, JustSam said:

So I started playing ark about a month ago. Started off playing in single player for about 2 weeks, and then joined an unofficial server and have been playing there ever since. Just asking for ur opinions, is it better in anyway to play on an official server? 

Yeah have to agree with the rest of the replies here. Even WildCard doesn't think Official servers are fun to play on. They actually put up a "content creators server" with increased rates and invited a bunch of Twitch streamers to play the game on their server. I guess the consensus was, its not fun "watching" someone raise a wyvern for 2 days, or watching someone tame a griffin for 3 1/2 hours. So they increased the rates to about 8x official rates (which is about where the average unofficial server is). That said, I would go unofficial, just keep in mind, someone else is paying for that server, and when they get tired of the game and move on, or run out of money, the server will go with them unless someone else takes over. 

4 minutes ago, yzerman said:

Yeah have to agree with the rest of the replies here. Even WildCard doesn't think Official servers are fun to play on. They actually put up a "content creators server" with increased rates and invited a bunch of Twitch streamers to play the game on their server. I guess the consensus was, its not fun "watching" someone raise a wyvern for 2 days, or watching someone tame a griffin for 3 1/2 hours. So they increased the rates to about 8x official rates (which is about where the average unofficial server is). That said, I would go unofficial, just keep in mind, someone else is paying for that server, and when they get tired of the game and move on, or run out of money, the server will go with them unless someone else takes over. 

Kind of like Wildcard just did with officials. ?

Archived