Server Difficulty and Wild Dino Max Level

SoddenHalfling1

7 minutes ago, SoupInMyBeard said:

No you do have to start a new game. I sat for over 7 hours today and killed dinos trying to get the higher level spawns and nothing. I think it's kind of bugged, what ever difficulty you start a game at is what it gets stuck on. I tried multiple ways to fix this over the past 3 days. Ended up just having to delete my game save and starting a new one and right of the bat ran into a level 110 dilo.

Ya thats just the thing that confuses me as i actually talked to you in ur thread but i noticed the lower lvls myself while having always played on 10 prepatch and 1 sense the patch...iv noticed i do find high lvls still just not as many and maybe thats because i was on 10  pre and the game read 1 after patch and the game thought 1 was not max or something..

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Grognak said:

Maybe your doing it wrong?

Nah he's fine, he just needs to kill everything and wait.

Wildcard refer to "Difficulty Value" which is 4.0 for 120s

Your server settings refer to "Difficulty Offset"  which is 1.0 for 120's

They are both the same setting - http://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

Yeah I think all the changes are confusing it lol. Ya know, it's pre release and it's still an amazing game. Not to much to complain about on my part, but over time everything will get better. Hopefully I won't have to reset my character again tho lol. Yeah anyone looking at the same problem should either run around killing dinos for awhile or delete their save and start over either way should work.

Trust me I was getting frustrated, but I spent 7+ hours searching and killing and waiting and not above a 34 spawned in. And it was the only one about 25 I could find. I tried reloading the game, tried restarting the Xbox, trying turning my settings back to default and then setting them back proper. Nothing was working. Then I deleted me save, started over and I run into tons of decent to high level dinos. Yes there are plenty of low levels. But you in the old game not a single one was over 34 and now I see quite a few well over 34 in the first hour of this new game. But like I said everyone may not have to start over like I did.

0.8 is not upped, it's decreased isn't it? On Normal servers now since the last patch it's 1.0 meaning max 120 wild dinos.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

0.8 shows the max wild level would be 105.

You have the correct method though of cleaning an area out and waiting.  My spot for rexs was running round and round the central island since they spawn on both sides of the shore

On 1/17/2016 at 11:23 PM, SoupInMyBeard said:

Can't seem to get the higher level dinos to spawn even with the difficulty bar at full 1.0.

ive killed Dino after Dino, flew around the map several times, still nothing above 30 or so. Any ideas?

The easiest way i have found on SP to get higher level dinos is......

1. Start the game on 1.0 difficulty (From the beginning) , if this is not a option. goto #2

2. Kill , Kiil, and more killing............you need to wipe as many dinos as possible (Check the rivers, after a few days i find 1000s of fish in the streams)

3. Upload your character and dinos... do a SP wipe and start the world fresh on 1.0 difficulty

Keep in mind, even on difficulty 1.0, that higher levels are rare. the basic breakdown is something like this...

100% of dinos = 70% levels 1-50 + 15% levels 51-75 + 10% level 76-110 + 5% levels 111-120. (these are just for show i do not have the exact numbers) and these numbers are further divided by type

I've been playing non-dedicated server trying to tame high level dinos and it takes hours to even find something over level 50.. all i see is a 1-20 mostly is it really that rare? i get something like 120 is rare and i already understand that but it shouldn't take me all day to even find somthing thats around 80-90 it's ridiculous.. 

Im very sure at this point its bugged if you where playing 10 before because 1 is nothing like 10...i know not to expect lvl 120s left and right but i should not be seeing 90% of the dino spawns in the north be below 20..i live next to north hard spawn 2..

iv even seen lvl 1s and from my understanding the lowest spawn i should see is either 4, 8 or 12 and im leaning more tward 12...even the alpha i just killed was lvl 12....my brid who is an all around bird meaning its got almost 800 carry weight and 135 speed and not just hp and melee handled this easyer then any alpha i seen pre dino rebalance...plus side is i know my attack bird who has no speed and only hp stam and dmg will handle these with ease...

Iv also decided to try reset as much as i hate too but there is not much challenge when im on 200+ and most spawns are around 20...

28 minutes ago, Melkor said:

Low level dinos have to die in order for higher levels to possibly spawn. Still rare to see 100+.  If your just scouting the island, and not killing, especially if its a local game, you are just seeing the same dinos again and again.

yeah i deleted my player data to start a fresh world on hard difficult and i still see a level 2 dino :( i've been killing anything I've seen

2 hours ago, Melkor said:

You can see level 4s on max difficulty still.  Im still looking for a nice 100+ spino to make my coel cleanup dino.

I will say good luck to you sir.. iv looked for just an 85+ spino for well over 2 weeks...black sands area of the middle river at its widest spot is where iv seen my highest (nice lvl 76 but stupid king kong decided that he needed to save me pre rebalance so he wrecked it lol) and the most but would love to here if/where ya find one

At 0.8 difficulty, level 99 is maximum wild dino level I believe. That's where we started many months ago, before throwing caution to the wind and upping it to 1.0

You can change your incubating/maturation rate the same way you change the taming rate. However, you'll want two high end dinos to start your breeding program. Breeding two weak dinos produces a weak baby.

Archived