Why is Ragnarok so glitchy?

CptCarnivore

I started playing Ragnarok today and wanted to explore the map (On Xbox One), and I've noticed over the map that my dinos disappear with no trace. They aren't set to follow or anything, they just disappear, no death notification, nothing. I've also more than once clipped into the ground and gotten stuck around terrain that goes up. I landed the Griffin I had on a rock in The Burning Mists to automatically clip into the rock which to get out I had to spawn a pickaxe (Did not have one on hand) and pick my way out. I had to go AFK for a minute so I stayed high in the sky with my other Griffin following me, when I come back I am on the ground (Somehow not dead) standing next to my dead Griffen which when I look into the Tribe Logs it just said he died. From nothing. Just dead. My point is how is Ragnarok so glitchy and has so many problems? The game is in full release now yet the map is still so glitchy. You'd think this type of stuff woulda been polished out but apparently not.

Post other stories you've had with glitches from Ragnarok in the comments

its pretty easy to explain: the map isn't made by WC itself. they made it an official map, but... that doesn't mean anything. i remember when they made center official alot of people couldn't even join any server because of constant fatal game crashes... it was literally unplayable for weeks. for ragna, its not even finished yet. so i don't expect it to be playable without constandly getting stuck left and right. 

it can help to get things fixed if you report the locations where you get stuck or have other problems. don't think there is another way. WC claims to have  a QA team... they did the same when primitive plus went official ( still not realy playable imo) 

i have no idea why they hype stuff like that, before its atleast somewhat bug/glitch free. only Wc knows why they do and i think this makes them look pretty amateurish.

so the best adwise i can give you is: wait atleast til the map is complete, before you even bother. i know its sounds bad, but it will safe you alot of frustration

I'm on PC and haven't experienced any of those glitches you've talked about.

Started on The Island, Moved to The Center map, then went to Scorched Earth and Ragnarok. Out of all the maps, Ragnarok is the one I like the best. The Center was by far the worst. Constant issues, glitches, loss of entire structures, tames etc. We went to SE due to The Center problems. The only funkiness I've experienced on Rag has been the odd crop plot I posted about and our pig fridge painted itself rainbow colors and we don't know how it happened because we weren't building or painting that day. In the grand scheme of things, it's been fantastic (and gorgeous).

I hope your problems work themselves out, and you get to experience what a fantastic area Ragnarok is.

Archived