Meat Drop rate nerfed?

BobbyD75

Seems the meat drop rate has taken a big hit.  I'll admit it could have been reduced some but looks as if WC has slipped us another surprise NERF , as usual, while totally botching the launch (no surprise).  The only thing changed on my server was the patch to 267.1.  I wonder what other surprises I'll :-).   or maybe its just me or all my fault or EA's fault or something else maybe lol.

OK, Guess it was me after all.  Just a weird thing after I logged in.  SO I'll eat my words now and be on my way :/

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, BobbyD75 said:

Seems the meat drop rate has taken a big hit.  I'll admit it could have been reduced some but looks as if WC has slipped us another surprise NERF , as usual, while totally botching the launch (no surprise).  The only thing changed on my server was the patch to 267.1.  I wonder what other surprises I'll :-).   or maybe its just me or all my fault or EA's fault or something else maybe lol.

You probably were just used to the X3 event rates. The rates are back to normal now.

Actually, I just got to test it, and it looks like they did severely nerf meat gathering rates, at least for gigas.

Some background:  

I play on The Center.

My tribe has a base 270 melee giga.  With imprint and levels it's close to 450 melee (don't recall the exact stat off the top of my head).

Two weeks ago, during the 2x event, I was getting 800-900 meat per bronto harvested, roughly.   During 3x, it jumped to an astounding 1200-1300 meat per bronto, on average.

Last Monday, the 3x event ended, and I expected it to go down to about 400-450 per bronto, 1/2 of what I was getting during 2x, 1/3 of what I was getting during 3x.  Instead I was getting about 250 meat per bronto.  Hmm.  Thought it was my imagination at first, or a string of bad luck, so I asked in chat and every one noticed it, not just less meat but less everything.  Went back and checked the patch notes, and the patch had lowered Center gathering rates to the same as The Island.  Yes, The Center used to get 1.5x Island gathering rates.  They nerfed that.  Kind of a slap in the face considering the Center is second class in just about every other way compared to the Island, but whatever.

This weekend, the 3x event hit, and instead of the old 1200-1300 per bronto I was getting 750-800 per bronto, roughly what you'd expect given the newly nerfed rates, x3.  No biggie

Today I logged in, and went to gather some meat and NOW all of a sudden I'm getting 125 meat per bronto, consistently.  Half of what I was getting last monday, 1/3 of what I would have been getting the week before that (except it was on 2x then, so I was getting extra).

Asked in chat and sure enough, yes, every one else is noticing the same thing.

I went and checked metal gathering rates, and they are exactly what they should be.  During the 3x weekend my 600 melee anky was getting about 300-350 metal per swing, and now it's getting 100-120, give or take.  Basically, what's expected.  

But the Giga is getting 1/2 what is expected based on past rates.

So, was just the Giga nerfed, or just meat gathering on The Center, or is this an across the board nerf of meat gathering rates back to what they were in the earliest days of Ark?

Because something definitely changed.  It's not just the reversion from 3x to 1x.  I paid very close attention to how much raw meat I got from every kind of dino, for the past month, because we've been raising gigas, rexes and Quetzals, and I've been the primary meat gatherer/cooker for the whole operation.  I know how much meat my giga gathers.  They nerfed something and didn't put it in the patch notes, and I'd like to know what it was specifically, and why.

Archived