Looking for Android Beta Testers for the Dododex Taming Calculator App

danleveille

Hey guys, I recently launched the first Ark taming calculator and companion app for iOS named Dododex. I've heard a lot of feedback from Android users who want the app too.

The Android version is almost ready! I'm a new Android developer, so I was hoping to get some people trying it out early before it's released to the public. 

If anyone is interested in Beta Testing:

Opt-in to the Beta Test and download it on the Google Play store.

When Beta Testing:

• Let me know if you run into any bugs or issues (note your device/OS version too).
  • If your app crashes, click the "report" button to send me a log of the crash so I can look into it.

The app shows you taming details for each creature, as well as Kibble and Saddle recipes. This Android version includes a brand new custom weapons feature where you can enter your own weapons with custom damage multipliers (this will soon be available on the iOS version).

Ie, input male parent levels input female parent levels, get possible total outcome, and how many estimated generations of mating to get max levels.

Also input baby level, get total mat time and all times based on all possible food sources? Only ones not on app BTW go by weight only, and rather clunky to use so would be great to have it functional on an app

3 hours ago, danleveille said:

Just got your crash report log and I think I found the error. Uploaded a new version that fixes the crash -- it should be available as an update in an hour or two. :)

Thanks! 

App not forcing through a patch and redownliad is previous version.  Could app store by brought to date to fresh dl?

6 hours ago, AlorianX said:

Cheers, I'll keep testing and trying to break it,  does this have a breeding calculator by the way?

Not yet! Considering adding that into the next (or next next) version though!

4 hours ago, AlorianX said:

App not forcing through a patch and redownliad is previous version.  Could app store by brought to date to fresh dl?

That's really weird! That must by why there's more crashes on older versions. Google says the most recent version is the only one live -- is it possible the app store page hadn't refreshed when you downloaded again? I'll look into it. This is my first time with the Google Play store. Heh.

Thanks so much for the continued feedback though!

Just now, SilveRMcFecteD said:

Testing the calculator and it works really well, but the Onyc (bat) isnt on the list. Also none of the passive tame data is popping up.

That's working as intended. Passive tame data isn't part of the app yet, but hopefully will be in a later version.

Will add the Onyc -- he was in there earlier but must have dropped out somehow.

Sorry about the broken English,  phone likes to play games... and great to have prompt responses! 

An addition that would be good is perhaps a tame assist, ie button at bottom to set tame me, it then prompts an alarm on phone to use narcotic at user defined % or torpor as I presume your rundown calculates torpor degradation.?

Hello OP I downloaded the app LOVE THE INTERFACE..  also the method of showing the Kibble needed and the kibble made is sweet..   Great job.

would love to see the level be input able instead of having to scroll all the time    but I can't code so it's sufficient..  Keep up the good work. 

(Not required but would be epic)

P.s. To expand on the poster above comment..  maybe a start tame timer and it alarms whenever torpor would be sub 40% and once you reset the torpor you could tell the app how many narco you added and it recalculate the next torpor warning.. 

27 minutes ago, AlorianX said:

Sorry about the broken English,  phone likes to play games... and great to have prompt responses! 

An addition that would be good is perhaps a tame assist, ie button at bottom to set tame me, it then prompts an alarm on phone to use narcotic at user defined % or torpor as I presume your rundown calculates torpor degradation.?

3 hours ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Hello OP I downloaded the app LOVE THE INTERFACE..  also the method of showing the Kibble needed and the kibble made is sweet..   Great job.

would love to see the level be input able instead of having to scroll all the time    but I can't code so it's sufficient..  Keep up the good work. 

(Not required but would be epic)

P.s. To expand on the poster above comment..  maybe a start tame timer and it alarms whenever torpor would be sub 40% and once you reset the torpor you could tell the app how many narco you added and it recalculate the next torpor warning.. 

Great ideas, guys. I've been planning on adding a taming calculator eventually. I think there's some really cool ideas that I could do for the timer -- especially being on a mobile platform. This might be in the next version, if not, the version after depending on how difficult it is.  

Running great so far on my Nvidia shield, really nice, I enjoy the custom weapons options. And taking the time to tame and adding it on the current time is fantastic just for being there. I liked it though not necessary feature its nice it's there.

If your open to suggestions, a good idea might be to have a dino stat calculator you can find around the web somewhere in there?. Show its base stats, then input it's current un-tamed stats to see where all the wild levels went. Very useful for finding good breeding potentials maybe something tho think about for later down the road.

3 hours ago, Vohjiin said:

Running great so far on my Nvidia shield, really nice, I enjoy the custom weapons options. And taking the time to tame and adding it on the current time is fantastic just for being there. I liked it though not necessary feature its nice it's there.

If your open to suggestions, a good idea might be to have a dino stat calculator you can find around the web somewhere in there?. Show its base stats, then input it's current un-tamed stats to see where all the wild levels went. Very useful for finding good breeding potentials maybe something tho think about for later down the road.

Dino stats calculator is a good idea, too. That's definitely on my list of things to do! 

Glad you like the custom weapons feature -- that's a brand new feature that's not yet available on iOS (hopefully will be in the next day or two depending on when Apple approves it) -- it was a highly requested feature by users!

Great app so far but when i used it yesterday i found some of the feeding numbers were wrong

I was taming a lvl4 sarco 5 kibble was said but it used 6 kibble instead and 1 narcotic instead of of none like it was said nothing major though

Lvl16 quetzal was spot on for kibble but narcotics were 250 instead of 160 as was said 

26 minutes ago, velociraptor33 said:

Great app so far but when i used it yesterday i found some of the feeding numbers were wrong

I was taming a lvl4 sarco 5 kibble was said but it used 6 kibble instead and 1 narcotic instead of of none like it was said nothing major though

Lvl16 quetzal was spot on for kibble and narcotics, Number of arrows to KO was way off lvl16 9 was said from my crossbow used 50 before it went down and yes they all did hit the bird

Is there a reason the app doesnt work when no network is found on the device was working fine then i got a message saying try again after even though i always have a network connection 

You're right! Looks like the Sarco was off by 1 for each level. Just fixed that.

Regarding Narcotics, it looks like my estimates might be off a bit. I'll look into that too.

Strange that it took 50 crossbow arrows -- though the app says 14 (I'm not seeing 9), and other taming calculators seem to have a similar amount. I think Ark recently modified multipliers, so the calculations could be off. I'll look into it further.

Let me know if any other creatures are off.

Currently, the app requires a network connection to initially load the data, however, once it's been loaded, you don't need a connection unless the app is completely closed (if you simply switch between apps, Dododex will still be fine). You're saying you still had a connection when you opened the app and it gave you a "try again" error? When you pressed "try again" did it load properly, or did it do nothing?

Thanks so much for all the info! :)

30 minutes ago, danleveille said:

You're right! Looks like the Sarco was off by 1 for each level. Just fixed that.

Regarding Narcotics, it looks like my estimates might be off a bit. I'll look into that too.

Strange that it took 50 crossbow arrows -- though the app says 14 (I'm not seeing 9), and other taming calculators seem to have a similar amount. I think Ark recently modified multipliers, so the calculations could be off. I'll look into it further.

Let me know if any other creatures are off.

Currently, the app requires a network connection to initially load the data, however, once it's been loaded, you don't need a connection unless the app is completely closed (if you simply switch between apps, Dododex will still be fine). You're saying you still had a connection when you opened the app and it gave you a "try again" error? When you pressed "try again" did it load properly, or did it do nothing?

Thanks so much for all the info! :)

Yeah i was switching between the app and others when it stopped working but i came good after a few minutes without problem 

As for the quetzal wasnt any extra trouble because i always carry stacks of extras just incase. I used the custom weapon feature and it said 9 shots with my crossbow or 3 headshots because it 3x effect. Maybe the way i tried to down it affected the number of shots also the full torpor depletion was roughly 10 minutes from full not 20 minutes

As for other dinos ill keep track and see how close they are to whats on the app currently 

19 hours ago, velociraptor33 said:

Lvl 35 pleslsaur used 18 kibble instead of 35 it used 80 narcotics instead of 160 and took about 40 minutes and gained 13 levels when it tamed so that dino needs to be relooked at because the app is very wrong

Are you on an official server? It sounds like you're on an unofficial server with custom taming/food consumption multipliers. I double checked the values and 35 for lvl 35 plesiosaur seems to be calculating correctly -- also, if you check other taming multipliers, they are reporting the same numbers as Dododex.

If you're on an unofficial server, you need to find out what the taming/food multipliers are and click the "Settings" button at the bottom so that Dododex is customized to your server.

4 hours ago, danleveille said:

Are you on an official server? It sounds like you're on an unofficial server with custom taming/food consumption multipliers. I double checked the values and 35 for lvl 35 plesiosaur seems to be calculating correctly -- also, if you check other taming multipliers, they are reporting the same numbers as Dododex.

If you're on an unofficial server, you need to find out what the taming/food multipliers are and click the "Settings" button at the bottom so that Dododex is customized to your server.

Offical server 351 on xbox so it has default settings everything else has tamed up pretty close to what was said but this. 

Tamed oviraptor lvl8 as well and it was spot on for 3 quetzal eggs and no narcotics  so i dont know what to tell you 

Archived